Fog light help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIGt0007

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tell me what I'm doin wrong! Wired up a pair of led ring / 55watt halogen on each side of the bumper total of 4 55watt lamps. Wired the LEDs to aux3 and they worked great! The 55 watts are wired to the aux1 switch. When I turn on the the aux1 switch it blows the fuse! So I started taking the lamps out one by one because I thought it was drawing to much power. Aux 1 won't even light one lamp! I wired the hot side to aux1 and the negtive side to the negative on the bat. I took them all out but when I hold wires direct to batt they light up! I just don't get it! any ideas? Each fog lamp has three wires hot for the led, a hot for the 55watt, and they share a ground. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unhook them cap the hot end leave your ground and turn it on and see if it blows.just to make sure aux,is not grounding out someplace .

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tell me what I'm doin wrong! Wired up a pair of led ring / 55watt halogen on each side of the bumper total of 4 55watt lamps. Wired the LEDs to aux3 and they worked great! The 55 watts are wired to the aux1 switch. When I turn on the the aux1 switch it blows the fuse! So I started taking the lamps out one by one because I thought it was drawing to much power. Aux 1 won't even light one lamp! I wired the hot side to aux1 and the negtive side to the negative on the bat. I took them all out but when I hold wires direct to batt they light up! I just don't get it! any ideas? Each fog lamp has three wires hot for the led, a hot for the 55watt, and they share a ground. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

What is the amp draw of the lights? you could have a hot wire grounded or your lights are drawing to much amps. Are you hooked up the the correct aux switch? Looking at the switches sitting in the drivers seat aux 1 the far left is 30 amp aux 4 far right is the 5 amp.

OP
OP
BIGt0007

BIGt0007

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I used aux 1 the closest to the driver side 4 55 watt lamps but as I removed them all but one and it still shorted. In frustration took it all appart and I'm gonna start over maybe had a stupid short cause I put them individual to the batt and light up no prob.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Definitely sounds like it's shorting somewhere. check to make sure a wire isn't stripped somewhere where it shouldn't be and is making contact with metal somewhere...

Good luck!