RPG Off-Road 3rd Brake Light/Chase Light | COMING SOON (PRE-ORDERS OPEN)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So in case you're living under a rock we've got some pretty exciting news. RPG Off-Road is currently in production on their 3rd Brake Light/Chase Lights! This is FANTASTIC news for everybody!

1706055984796.png

They announced this on their FB/Instagram pages recently and naturally we're going full steam ahead with these on our website. We've already placed a stocking order for these (Gen1, Gen2 & Gen3) and are taking pre-orders.

For those who are unaware, there is another popular 3rd brake light out on the market which is a really great product as well. The problem was the company's been distant for a year or so and nobody can get ahold of them or get product. RPG decided to make their own brake light in-house which will help fill that need in the off-road community. A lot of us have been waiting for a killer brand like RPG Off-Road to start making these.

The RPG Off-Road 3rd Brake Light/Chase Light is one of the best 3rd brake lights with integrated chase lights on the market for your F-150 Raptor. The billet aluminum chase lights are manufactured in-house at RPG Off-Roads facility here in the USA. They are finished with a black cerakote to ensure they last the life of your truck. The brake lights feature integrated red led marker lights along with 3x Baja Designs S2 lights. The outer two Baja Designs lights act as chase lights and are controlled from your switch panel while the center S2 light acts as a cargo light/reverse light.

SPECIFICATIONS
  • Proudly machined in-house in the USA
  • 6061-T6 billet aluminum
  • Designed to mount (3) Baja Designs S2 lights
  • Includes (3) LED brake lights and NMO mount w/ 17ft cable
  • Mounts to cab using factory mounting locations
  • New gasket included
  • Semi-gloss black cerakote finish
LIGHT CHOICES
We allow you, the customer, to choose what lighting setup works best for you. Amber lights are required for most nighttime events while white lights are good for lighting up trails behind you or campsites.

OUR RECOMMENDATION: We recommend going with S2 Pro, Driving/Combo Amber on the outside and S2 Pro, Wide Cornering in the center. This gives you a Spot and Wide Cornering Lens (Driving/Combo) in Amber which is perfect to act as a chase light, allowing drivers behind you to see you on the trails at night. The center light in a Wide Cornering is a great wide pattern to help illuminate behind you at a camp site, going in reverse or looking for cargo. You can opt for the S2 Sport, which will save you some money but be less bright.

ANTENNA MOUNT
The RPG Off-Road 3rd Brake Light/Chase Light has an integrated NMO Antenna mount. This allows you to install a standard NMO antenna on top of the brake light for radios. The brake light includes an NMO extension cable which connects to the back-side of the brake light and can be ran to your radio of choice. This cable is pre-terminated with a PL-269 connector to plug right into the back of your radio. If you choose not to run an antenna you can simply install a generic NMO antenna cap to cover this up.

WIRING HARNESSES
The wiring harnesses are made here in the USA by LVJ Motorsports AND are designed to work perfectly with your brake light, giving you control over your S2 lights. There are three wiring harness options to choose from

• BASIC HARNESS: This harness provides integration of the 3 marker/brake light LED's with factory wiring harness as well as connecting the center light to the cargo light circuit. Two additional circuits are provided to connect the outer lights to the factory upfitter switches in the passenger kick panel.
  • BASIC w/REVERSE HARNESS: This harness has all the features of the basic harness, but also connects the center light to the brake light circuit so that it comes on automatically when the truck is placed in reverse.
  • STOP/TAIL/TURN w/REVERSE HARNESS:This harness includes a stop/tail/turn controller to integrate the outer to lights with the factory brake/turn signals. It includes inputs for connecting to your aux switches for:
    • Master power to turn the system on/off
    • Strobe Function
    • Strobe pattern change (momentary switch to be optionally mounted in the dash)
    • Constant on override to disable the turn/brake integration
    • Connects the center light to the brake light circuit (optional) so that it comes on automatically when the truck is placed in reverse.
NOTE: This item is currently in production and will ship once manufacturing is complete. Actual images shown may not reflect the final product. Vehicles with factory rear cameras built into the brake light will need to re-use their factory camera. Not all vehicles support 3rd brake light integrated cameras. You will need to install the Baja Designs S2 lights into the brake light housing upon receipt.

Here are some production photos (these are the Gen3 w/camera ones being made). They are available for the Gen1, Gen2 & Gen3 Raptor (including regular F150 trims as well).

Available here for pre-order: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/rpg-off-road/

Again, please expect a 4-6 week lead time as they are STLL in production (as of this post dated 1/23/2024).

1706055975018.png

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Was gonna say, looks an awful lot like the GJ Motorsports one! lol

That being said, I was fortunate to get mine from them, but I know a lot of people were not.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Was gonna say, looks an awful lot like the GJ Motorsports one! lol

That being said, I was fortunate to get mine from them, but I know a lot of people were not.

Correct it looks the same as the GJ one. But since nobody has been able to get a brake light from GJ in about a year and they are not returning phone calls, emails, texts from any customer (including dealers) it was only a matter of time before another company took matters into their own hands to put out a quality product.

RPG is a well known company in the Raptor community and has the manpower and machines so they can produce these and get them in customers hands.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Correct it looks the same as the GJ one. But since nobody has been able to get a brake light from GJ in about a year and they are not returning phone calls, emails, texts from any customer (including dealers) it was only a matter of time before another company took matters into their own hands to put out a quality product.

RPG is a well known company in the Raptor community and has the manpower and machines so they can produce these and get them in customers hands.

For sure, I'm glad they stepped up to fill the gap that GJ left behind on these. The design is very nice with the S2 lights. Do you know if RPG is working with LVJ to provide the different harness options still with it? That's the route I went with mine.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
For sure, I'm glad they stepped up to fill the gap that GJ left behind on these. The design is very nice with the S2 lights. Do you know if RPG is working with LVJ to provide the different harness options still with it? That's the route I went with mine.

Yes LVJ is still making the harnesses. That's one of the first things I asked and then I spoke to LVJ about them as well. Saves us from having to make our own which is good, and supports his business at the same time. So everybody wins. RPG brings a needed product to market and has a new product to sell. Dealers like me can continue to sell brake lights within the community and supports our small business and LVJ gets to continue to make harnesses to support their business. Win win win!

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes LVJ is still making the harnesses. That's one of the first things I asked and then I spoke to LVJ about them as well. Saves us from having to make our own which is good, and supports his business at the same time. So everybody wins. RPG brings a needed product to market and has a new product to sell. Dealers like me can continue to sell brake lights within the community and supports our small business and LVJ gets to continue to make harnesses to support their business. Win win win!

Glad to hear that Keith (LVJ) is doing the harnesses for these! I have his 6 circuit overhead switch panel kit and third brake light harness and they are extremely well made. If I wasn't fortunate enough to get my setup from GJ I'd definitely be putting in an order for one of these. 100% worth the money!