Help!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So with the engine running and AUX 3 bare wire, power switch is on and you get no power?

If you are positive that Aux 1 and 2 are working (since the fronts turn on) and SPV has the harness, it should be plug and play. Try an AUX switch that is currently working for the reverse lights. You could also go to Aux 4,5,6 and see if anything changes either. It's highly doubtful that from the factory the connection is missing.

My best guess is you are looking at the wrong fuse. Which # are you checking?
What he said...

edit: hope this helps...

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

F23 raptor

Reaction score
or, remove the aux3 connect and power directly from the battery +

either way, if it works, the harness is good and aux3 is suspect.
if it does not work connected to aux2/ batt. +, then you probably have a harness problem

Did you validate the lights worked BEFORE you mounted and ran wires?
Yes the lights are working when tied into the driver side brake light harness as intended. My only issue is that when the aux 3 switch is turned on, nothing is happening. Im going to try and switch to the aux 2 later today and see if its a harness issue or not. We turned aux 3 switch on and tested the live wire and there is no power is my concern. The fuses were checked and are good so im stumped on what the issue may be assuming the harness is good and the lights are working.

velogil

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I have a 23 raptor with the 801a. Put the triple fog light kit and rigid rear lights on and working fine. Fogs are ran on fog switch, aux 1, aux 2. Wired the rears to aux 3 and nothing... the lights are on with red back lighting when approaching, Truck running and lights kick on when in reverse. I turned the aux 3 switch on and nothing happens. Checked the fuse and it's good, we checked the wire with the switch on and there is no power?

I'm at a loss on where to look and what to try now
Did you take a close look at the color on the AUX3 wire? Since they are pinned behind the battery it can be tight back there and make it hard to clearly identify. Make sure you have the correct wire. Might be worth doing a volt meter test at the AUX3 source real quick if that works then it is somewhere down the path. Since that is a 15A circuit...you should be good and not need a relay. Good luck!!! BTW...I love the BD Bantam X for easy 30A connections (8 of them).

Attachments

• IMG_9777.JPG
    IMG_9777.JPG
    199.6 KB · Views: 7

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So with the engine running and AUX 3 bare wire, power switch is on and you get no power?

If you are positive that Aux 1 and 2 are working (since the fronts turn on) and SPV has the harness, it should be plug and play. Try an AUX switch that is currently working for the reverse lights. You could also go to Aux 4,5,6 and see if anything changes either. It's highly doubtful that from the factory the connection is missing.

My best guess is you are looking at the wrong fuse. Which # are you checking?
You need to do this before we can provide more assistance.

1. Disconnect the power to the rear tail light (optional but I would want to remove any variables)
  2. Disconnect the connection to Aux 3
  3. Connect the rear lights to AUX 2 since you know it was working
Do the lights turn on?

Luchh224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So wait, I might have missed it to just skimmed over it, but if you turn the truck on, and have NOTHING connected to the aux 3 wire, do you have any sort of power going to that cable? If not, take the truck to ford and tell them to fix it.

Luchh224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the fogs are wired (plug/play) on fog, aux 1, aux 2...they turn on and have back light just fine. Aux 3 is not working when I turn it on and it's wired as directed
As my above comment states, this is where I am getting confused. You replied to a comment that assumes you are testing a bare AUX3 wire, but your comment makes it seem like you still have things wired to it. Forget wiring anything to it. Confirm the bare AUX 3 cable next to the battery even has a power draw. If it does, then you need to take your kit and test it as if it is wired up to the truck, but instead just have it laid out on the ground or next to the engine bay and test it all to confirm it works. Might be a PITA, but it’s going to be a pretty easy way to mess with the setup and confirm it is indeed working as intended.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
We turned aux 3 switch on and tested the live wire and there is no power is my concern

That seems to be a problem. Did you verify it before wiring it up?
Does the up fitter switch light up when you turn it on?

Luchh224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That seems to be a problem. Did you verify it before wiring it up?
Does the up fitter switch light up when you turn it on?
THATS WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR. OP can disregard what I said above then. I’d take it to Ford and let them know it doesn’t work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter