Door squeak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OBXRAPTOR

OBXRAPTOR

Reaction score
thanks- I have already wrapped the latches- I will re-wrap and add the tape- thanks for the write-up and the link!

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mobil 1 Grease on the latch points?

had same problem in a Volvo C70 (door making noise when closed) and this solved the problem permanently.

xjrguy... thanks for posting this!!!!!!

I had a really annoying squeak coming from the passenger door area. It only happened on the bigger bumps and not all the time. I saw the "tape wrap" fix... didn't seem like the best thing to do. (and it meant going out and buying tape I didn't have... lol) I did try to slam the rear door with a plastic bag in the latch... didn't help.

So today I was putting away a can of chain lube... chains are made of pins and bushings... door hinges are made of pins and bushings... The doors opened and closed great and I didn't think they needed lubing but I went ahead and gave each hinge pin a small spray with the chain lube... carefully cleaning off any excess.

Just got back from a night run. NO MORE SQUEAK!!

You da man!!

OP
OP
OBXRAPTOR

OBXRAPTOR

Reaction score
Well after a few days of squeak free driving with the wrap and tape- it came back. This time I took it to dealer and they had the one mechanic that "liked" to fix squeaks drive my truck. He took off the wrap, took off the tape, readjusted the door panel and put white lithium grease on the contact points and also replaced a rubber cone bushing on the door with a slightly taller one. I was impressed by this guy's approach and professionalism- most meachanics hide from squeaks beacuase they can be tough to fix. This guy is the dealer's go to guy for squeaks and he kept on telling me how much he hated squeaks in his car, etc... Anyway- it is fixed for now- keeoing my fingers crossed and will give u an update.

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just food for thought, on my FX4 I had both rear door doing this all the time, it was a quad, but at any rate each door does have the ability to move/adjust in or out. Anyone try taking it to the dealer and having them draw the door in tighter?

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny, maybe its the warmer weather, but the seat hasn't squeaked in weeks - there I have now cursed myself. Tomorrow it'll be making noise again.

Phil Howell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I moved the passenger seatback to a more vertical position a few days ago and the squeak went away. I thought, I've fixed the squeak. The very next day, it was back.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
The seat squeak comes from the seatbelt latch. Its spring loaded to keep it upright, and something in there is whats squeaking. Next time yours does it, hold the passenger latch. I'll bet it stops. Now if I could just find a solution. I oiled it, stuffed a rag down in there, no luck.