Don't get all butthurt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like all new product launches, the magnitude of complaints seems high, because people use the forums to "attack" their targets.

Rarely do people make long glowing posts about how satisfied they are, instead they use the FRF to bring attention to their cause/matter.

My educated guess is that the issues SEEM unusually high, but they're are statistically better than Gen1, but in the same range.

IMO Gen1 was no different (witness witchunts like the frames being damaged and the IWE system). Add, Leaky 3rd brake lights causing gremlins, moon roof and seat tracks, Fuse 27 meltdowns, Trans issues downshifting from 5 to 1st. And 10 more TSBs over the years "do not replace noisy shocks". Driveshaft clunk..

Either way, the warranty has your back, in the case of a defect. Plus, use the lemon law if yours is junk, they'll make more..They don't make genJuans anymore,

Long story short, get a raptor and enjoy it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

VegasG17

Reaction score
Your subtle Gen1>Gen2 colors aren't that subtle...

Keep your Gen1 and wait until 2019, maybe the QC on the Gen2 improves.

Wow, "Must have" isn't overt enough?

Sorry, allow me to clarify.

I want to feel confident about purchasing a new Raptor. There is a lot of intelligent discussion on this forum and I'm curious if anyone has any insight to new QC or design changes on the 2018 models.

The reason for using the title "Don't get butthurt" is to be not so subtle about turning this in to a Gen. 1 vs. Gen 2. battle. I think the bickering between owners is ridiculous. Personally, I like the latest and greatest toys this is one of them. I give zero ***** about Gen. battles, bunch of cucks hiding behind keyboards.

Oh and I'm going to keep my Gen.1 and get a Gen.2. As they say "Get both".

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YASS! This!

drive both, but only drive Jenny on Friday and Juan on Monday.

(And Never at the same time to the same place)

RAPTERRIER

Full Access On Your Mom
Reaction score
The first batch of trucks that were held at the plant likely have the bulk of the problems you're reading about.

I did expect more out the QC on my truck. I mean jeez I have a freaking hairline scratch on the interior fan button....

Seriously I have zero, none, zilch problemos with my truck. It's been great. So glad I waited for it.

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lets say Ford produces 5000 Raptors this year. Of those 5,000 probably 1% have engine/transmission issues---that's 50 people-- of those 50 people there are 15 people who belong to this Forum and you KNOW if you have an issue with your special brand new vehicle, you are going to let the forum know about it. So seems pretty normal to me. Let be honest, with a specially built truck like this, most people buying them are CAR/TRUCK people and belong to a specialized forum, resulting in the forums looking like EVERYTHING IS BREAKING.

Jackie

Reaction score
Wow, "Must have" isn't overt enough?

Sorry, allow me to clarify.

I want to feel confident about purchasing a new Raptor. There is a lot of intelligent discussion on this forum and I'm curious if anyone has any insight to new QC or design changes on the 2018 models.

The reason for using the title "Don't get butthurt" is to be not so subtle about turning this in to a Gen. 1 vs. Gen 2. battle. I think the bickering between owners is ridiculous. Personally, I like the latest and greatest toys this is one of them. I give zero ***** about Gen. battles, bunch of cucks hiding behind keyboards.

Oh and I'm going to keep my Gen.1 and get a Gen.2. As they say "Get both".

If you don't want a Gen1 vs Gen2 battle maybe you shouldn't say:

So basically you dropped $60K+ on something you don't consider "particularly well made"?

Don't forget the extra 4 gears. Engine to engine I'm creating more power than the stock 3.5. I step on my own **** with the 37"s.

Awesome you are keeping your Gen1, no need to be defensive about it.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
In this thread:

OP: Everyone don't get butthurt, I have concerns but want a 17 and own a G1

People in this thread: Get butthurt and xxaarraaaaaaa talks about how he's owned superior vehicles, insults fords, including his own as being not well built

084.png

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone can answer this for you. All we can do is post anecdotal info. The honest truth is it probably isn't that well made compared to the average Japanese vehicle, but I didn't want a Tundra -- I wanted a Raptor. The warranty and lemon laws are enough for me. As such I would never buy one used or outside of warranty.