Rear Defrost Not working on all rear windows?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So this AM I went to pick my kid up at the airport and I used the rear defrost (rare here in LA for sure) to clear the condensation. I noticed that the driver side of the rear window did not clear at all, almost like the element is bad or something. Anyone experience this before? Is there a fix? Need to replace the whole rear window? See pic below. @FordTechOne help!

1709654228237.png

OP
OP
nikhsub1

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Grids wired in parallel once the circuit hits the glass. Broken grid most likely, if you can find the break they are repairable.

View attachment 446783
OK so the entire driver panel is dead, not one of the grids going across the widow have power at all. I can't seem to find where the grid enters the driver pane. Guess I'll have to have the window replaced...

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK so the entire driver panel is dead, not one of the grids going across the widow have power at all. I can't seem to find where the grid enters the driver pane. Guess I'll have to have the window replaced...
Let me see if I can find you more info, give me a few hours.