FORScan Questions - Steering Ratio and Global Windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2023 with a June 2023 build date. Successfully made some FORScan mods, including global window open/close, but have some questions.

1) The global window open/close only opens and closes the driver and passenger front door windows. Is that correct? Is there a way to make it open all four windows?

2) I'm coming from a 2014 Raptor and notice that this Gen 3 doesn't have the same steering ratio between the front tires and the steering wheel that my last truck did. I know I don't have as good of a turning radius because I'm coming from a SuperCab, but it's not the turning radius that I notice... it's the steering wheel input to front tire output relationship that is different. What I mean is what took only about a 120º of steering wheel rotation on my old truck takes about 140º on the new one. When I was poking around in the non-as built FORScan modules, I noticed one of the options was something like "Steering Ratio" and the value was set to 17. I don't remember what module it was in, but I was wondering if the electronic steering rack in these trucks could allow a change here to affect the relationship between the steering wheel and the front tires. Any thoughts?

DougDimmadome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can’t change the steering ratio. It’s still a mechanical linkage just a different power assist system

OP
OP
BAJASVT

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can’t change the steering ratio. It’s still a mechanical linkage just a different power assist system
Thanks. I obviously the steering shaft and tie rods are mechanical, but I was hoping for some magic to take place in the rack itself. :(

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The global window open/close only opens and closes the driver and passenger front door windows. Is that correct? Is there a way to make it open all four windows?
I think only the front two are available. I've not seen anything to the contrary. Would love to be able to do it, just don't think the functionality is there. My wife's Lincoln does all four, so I'll poke around and see what her settings and try it out. Some of the F150 changes worked on her car, so perhaps opposite is true. Doubtful, though, if it's not built into the components. Do we know if the Limited or Platinum does all four?
Thanks. I obviously the steering shaft and tie rods are mechanical, but I was hoping for some magic to take place in the rack itself. :(
I think steering might be the absolute last thing I'd be messing with, but you could always set it to something arbitrary like 3 or something and turn while stationary and see what happens. You could always change it back.

I've noticed between this truck, my Mustang, and my wife's Lincoln, that there are a lot of identical options to change, just a lot of things aren't straight up available depending on vehicle, model, etc. For example, My Mustang does not have a 360° view camera, although the option is there from side of its computer, it is simply disabled. If I enable it, nothing changes. Just because an option is there doesn't mean it will do anything or affect anything.

jbishop98

Reaction score
I think only the front two are available. I've not seen anything to the contrary. Would love to be able to do it, just don't think the functionality is there. My wife's Lincoln does all four, so I'll poke around and see what her settings and try it out. Some of the F150 changes worked on her car, so perhaps opposite is true. Doubtful, though, if it's not built into the components. Do we know if the Limited or Platinum does all four?

Were you able to see if all 4 were possible?