Denied warranty service for a few items on new Raptor!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Cupcake? really? Do you always act like a condescending ********* or is it just that time of the month? For a "Ford tech" you seem to have an awful lot of time on your hands since you are always adding low value posts on FRF. Maybe if you techs did you jobs right instead of fooling around all day on FRF, we wouldn't have quality issues.

Anyway, OP, I hear ya. When you buy expensive vehicles, its perfectly reasonable to expect them to be well made. Call Ford corporate and create a case. It will usually make the dealer take notice and extend better courtesy.

Ignore the knuckleheads on FRF. Many of them don't even have gen 2s.

First: Decided not to ignore me 'cupcake'?

Second: What's your job and can I tell you how to do it better?

Third: Please explain where the things I said were not viable courses of action

Fourth: What value have you added to FRF? Blinding people with fog lights? Do tell, I'll stand by for links.

Fifth: Yeah, us non Jennifer owning members are all knuckleheads. We definitely don't have years of experience in the Raptor world, but since we don't own RaptorJesus all of that is invalid.

Your move 'buttercup'...

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No curbs no nothing. Alignment would be off. It's. It. It's only the wheel again.
The steering wheel is simply an input device it can't move unless the alignment changed or the splined shaft is disconnected, rotated, and reconnected.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

First: Decided not to ignore me 'cupcake'?

Second: What's your job and can I tell you how to do it better?

Third: Please explain where the things I said were not viable courses of action

Fourth: What value have you added to FRF? Blinding people with fog lights? Do tell, I'll stand by for links.

Fifth: Yeah, us non Jennifer owning members are all knuckleheads. We definitely don't have years of experience in the Raptor world, but since we don't own RaptorJesus all of that is invalid.

Your move 'buttercup'...

Don't use numbers. Counting is not his strong suit.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
The steering wheel is simply an input device it can't move unless the alignment changed or the splined shaft is disconnected, rotated, and reconnected.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

Don't use numbers. Counting is not his strong suit.

Oh? Did I do that? Oops...

OP
OP
W

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
200 cars in 33 years? Well, good news cupcake, there's options.

- Take the truck to a body shop, pony up the cash and fix it
- Keep going back to the dealer and banging your head against the wall. Maybe they'll get tired of you and fix it
- Call Ford Corporate and complain and hope they fix it.
- Give the truck back.

Edit: I know you said you don't offroad, but all of the things you described would likely take some solid bouncing around to do.

You are Ford Tech or ****? What the hell is wrong with you? Seriously, you have to be condescending? Yes 200 cars, it's what I like to do. And why should I pay to pop an arch back in? You are correct that it would take a lot to pop it out but there is no off-roading or curb jumping and that's why this is problem. If I offroaded or Jumped curbs then it's all on me, I get that.

To answer a few others, believe me, no curbs, no nothing other then mostly highway at this point. My point is that Ford needs to step up their game. So does this mean because I live in south Florida if my compressor went bad they will blame it on too much heat from the sun? The arch did pop out on its own over smooth florida roads and may well have been like that when I received it. The front arch was popped much bigger and was fixed. This is just about 2 plugs as best I can see inside. The doors, I just don't know. I guess those get out of alignment too when rolling over smooth pavement.

I'll tell you guys, never really had so many ******** on gen 1 forum as we do here. So Aaron, thanks for your help and nice to see you are part of the problem, not the solution.

Last edited:

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
You are Ford Tech or ****? What the hell is wrong with you? Seriously, you have to be condescending? Yes 200 cars, it's what I like to do. And why should I pay to pop an arch back in? You are correct that it would take a lot to pop it out but there is no solid bluncignand that's why this is problem. If I offroaded or Jumped curbs then it's all on me, I get that.

I'll tell you guys, never really had so many ******** on gen 1 forum as we do here. So Aaron, thanks for your help and nice to see you are part of the problem, not the solution.

I am **** Ford Tech, and I take my job seriously. :rofl:

Really though, I called you cupcake as a joke. Were the other options not legitimate? You don't sound like you have a good rapport with the dealership despite buying so many cars, and the other dealers don't want to do it either.

It's at this point you might start wondering what the underlying reason is. Do all of the dealers in your area just suck? Are you coming off the wrong way to them and making them unsympathetic to your plight? Step back and look at the whole situation and don't just put the blame elsewhere without looking inward too.

Also, serious question; what is a 'bluncignand'?

OP
OP
W

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am **** Ford Tech, and I take my job seriously. :rofl:

Really though, I called you cupcake as a joke. Were the other options not legitimate? You don't sound like you have a good rapport with the dealership despite buying so many cars, and the other dealers don't want to do it either.

It's at this point you might start wondering what the underlying reason is. Do all of the dealers in your area just suck? Are you coming off the wrong way to them and making them unsympathetic to your plight? Step back and look at the whole situation and don't just put the blame elsewhere without looking inward too.

Also, serious question; what is a 'bluncignand'?

Well that's better. Thank you. No I'm not a problem to the dealers. In fact I'm a large referral source and good source for other things I've helped them with. The selling dealer I deal with the owner. I was turned away or denied service because ford apparently doesn't reimburse for this. He won't do another alignement saying first one was perfect. He's right. It was. I'm the only one who has driven this and believe me, it's babied beyond. I actually didn't realize wheel was off until a couple days ago on highway but again, tracking straight. This tells me something inside on spline. Wheel arch - truck doesn't have a speck of dust on it. Nothing I did jostled it out. Front being out at delivery tells me quality control issue. And really, it's mounted to fender so all you off-roaders would then have bent or twisted fenders? Makes no sense to me. And then again, rear doors. Top of one is pushed in and bottom is out. The Other door is similar. I happen to own this truck as we did the gen 1 solely as an extra vehicle for my wife and I, and the boys to use when they come home from college. Which they haven't yet. It's an around town thing and picking someone up from airport or such. I wanted the raptor and not another type of f150 or brand solely because I like the look. And it drives nice. Don't shoot me for wanting some items fixed that are not right. It's as simple as that, sugarbell! ✌️

Last edited:

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well that's better. Thank you. No I'm not a problem to the dealers. In fact I'm a large referral source and good source for other things I've helped them with. The selling dealer I deal with the owner. I was turned away or denied service because ford apparently doesn't reimburse for this. He won't do another alignement saying first one was perfect. He's right. It was. I'm the only one who has driven this and believe me, it's babied beyond. I actually didn't realize wheel was off until a couple days ago on highway but again, tracking straight. This tells me something inside on spline. Wheel arch - truck doesn't have a speck of dust on it. Nothing I did jostled it out. Front being out at delivery tells me quality control issue. And really, it's mounted to gender so all you off-roaders would then have bent or twisted fenders? Makes no sense to me. And then again, rear doors. Top of one pushed in and bottom is out. Other similar. I happen to own this truck as we did the gen 1 solely as an extra vehicle for my wife and I, and the boys to use when they come home from college. Which they haven't yet. It's an around town thing and picking someone up from airport or such. I wanted the raptor and. Or another type of f150 or brand solely because I like the look. And it drives nice. Don't shoot me for wanting some items fixed that are not right. It's as simple as that, sugarbell! ✌️

I really have a hard time deciphering your posts. Not to be rude, but is English a 2nd language for you?

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Well that's better. Thank you. No I'm not a problem to the dealers. In fact I'm a large referral source and good source for other things I've helped them with. The selling dealer I deal with the owner. I was turned away or denied service because ford apparently doesn't reimburse for this. He won't do another alignement saying first one was perfect. He's right. It was. I'm the only one who has driven this and believe me, it's babied beyond. I actually didn't realize wheel was off until a couple days ago on highway but again, tracking straight. This tells me something inside on spline. Wheel arch - truck doesn't have a speck of dust on it. Nothing I did jostled it out. Front being out at delivery tells me quality control issue. And really, it's mounted to gender so all you off-roaders would then have bent or twisted fenders? Makes no sense to me. And then again, rear doors. Top of one pushed in and bottom is out. Other similar. I happen to own this truck as we did the gen 1 solely as an extra vehicle for my wife and I, and the boys to use when they come home from college. Which they haven't yet. It's an around town thing and picking someone up from airport or such. I wanted the raptor and. Or another type of f150 or brand solely because I like the look. And it drives nice. Don't shoot me for wanting some items fixed that are not right. It's as simple as that, sugarbell! ✌️

You're welcome snowflake.

You're welcome to come to my dealership, we have a jar of safety pins up front at the service desk and offer free coloring books to all customers.

OP
OP
W

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really have a hard time deciphering your posts. Not to be rude, but is English a 2nd language for you?

No. Is it for you? I've corrected a couple of typos' but other then that I try to condense my thoughts but I guess it doesn't come across as intended. I've re-read my post and seems like English to me, except for the couple typos. Sorry! I surely can understand myself. Lol

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
No. Is it for you? I've corrected a couple of typos' but other then that I try to condense my thoughts but I guess it doesn't come across as intended. I've re-read my post and seems like English to me, except for the couple typos. Sorry! I surely can understand myself. Lol

while we're on this, can we swing back to a question I had?

Also, serious question; what is a 'bluncignand'