GEN 2 Dealers Selling @ MSRP or Lower

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hate Plastidip ... You can spot that crap from a mile away. If I paint anything on a car, I'll have it taken off and done professionally, or have whatever I want wrapped professionally.

I have a set of rims that are plasti-dipped and have been for 3 years now with 3 winters and they still look brand new. If you do it correctly and do the inside and outside of the rim it doesnt peel and still looks new. But yes, if youre looking for something more permanent go with powder coat. The plasti-dip is coming off my set of rims when the car is sold thats why I decided against powder coat.

hQDqWjs.jpg

Last edited:

DROPOUT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a set of rims that are plasti-dipped and have been for 3 years now with 3 winters and they still look brand new. If you do it correctly and do the inside and outside of the rim it doesnt peel and still looks new. But yes, if youre looking for something more permanent go with powder coat. The plasti-dip is coming off my set of rims when the car is sold thats why I decided against powder coat.

I gotcha. Again ... I'm just not a huge plastidip fan. I understand the thinking behind using it, especially the reversal aspect of it. I just can't see myself doing it :biggrin:

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So with all this talk of MSRP and Invoice and the build sheets that have been posted to date, that I have seen, what's the invoice price on one of these trucks? I can't say that I have seen any other pricing other than what is on the build sheets which I took as MSRP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CA650

Reaction score
Mine configured out to $65,295 MSRP and the quote had a column called invoice that Totaled out to be $60,766.

I always assumed the dealers was in bed with the manufacturer to produce the proper paper trail of MSRP to Invoice and that there was some true up at the end of the year for the dealership that actually made the avg. cost per vehicle less than the invoice cost you're being shown on any transaction.. I've never been told that, I just assume it was the case since since that's what I would be doing if I set the the system :)

gravedgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So with all this talk of MSRP and Invoice and the build sheets that have been posted to date, that I have seen, what's the invoice price on one of these trucks? I can't say that I have seen any other pricing other than what is on the build sheets which I took as MSRP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 2017 pricing guide, including the Raptor is out. I found it on F150forum, but I'm guessing it's here somewhere.

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stay away from Holman Ford of Marlton New Jersey; they suck or least the salespeople do

guernsej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine configured out to $65,295 MSRP and the quote had a column called invoice that Totaled out to be $60,766.

I always assumed the dealers was in bed with the manufacturer to produce the proper paper trail of MSRP to Invoice and that there was some true up at the end of the year for the dealership that actually made the avg. cost per vehicle less than the invoice cost you're being shown on any transaction.. I've never been told that, I just assume it was the case since since that's what I would be doing if I set the the system :)

It's called a holdback, and it's something that some manufacturers do and some don't. The one's that do will usually work pretty hard to keep it a secret, but anytime you see vehicles being sold at or close to invoice there's probably a holdback. Best estimate for Ford, though they won't publicly confirm it, is 3% of MSRP is paid back to the dealer quarterly for each sale. However, holdback policies can change year to year, model to model, or even sale to sale at the manufacturer's discretion so it's entirely possible (though unlikely IMHO) the Raptor does not have a holdback.