GEN 2 Dealers Selling @ MSRP or Lower

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordFanStan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The color is not the reason for the increased price.

You definitely misunderstood my post. I am very aware the price is for an upgraded material, beadlock capable, different design and probably a teflon or ceramic powder coating. However others in this thread are stating they are purely ordering these wheels at an optional $1200 because they are "black".
Thanks for your knowledge though.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You definitely misunderstood my post. I am very aware the price is for an upgraded material, beadlock capable, different design and probably a teflon or ceramic powder coating. However others in this thread are stating they are purely ordering these wheels at an optional $1200 because they are "black".
Thanks for your knowledge though.

Stan is the man...and I agree that if you want black wheels just have them coated. All of the reasons you stated are on point along with them being forged vs cast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CA650

Reaction score
Wheels

Well, i thought i was getting these which look black(ish) to me.
if they turn out not to be some shade of dark or black i'll have to get them painted.

Attachments

• th.jpeg
    th.jpeg
    9.7 KB · Views: 651
  • 03-2017-ford-f150-raptor-detroit-1.jpg
    03-2017-ford-f150-raptor-detroit-1.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

DROPOUT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, i thought i was getting these which look black(ish) to me.
if they turn out not to be some shade of dark or black i'll have to get them painted.

Those are indeed black ... But, are pre-production and not coming on our trucks. IF they were, I'd be getting them!

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bummer, there is literally no chrome / polished aluminium or machined finish that I can see on the truck. VERY odd choice by ford if they are actually a machined look. I'd bet there will be a lot of them heading to powder coaters or rim shops

DROPOUT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Powder Coating Stock Wheels around here = About $375 - $450 depending on where you go, plus down time, and the wheels still are forged.

For an extra $750(ish) ... I get black & forged. Its a win win for me!

CA650

Reaction score
oh well. i pulled the trigger w/ the alloys. i'll sort it out later. They could have charged me extra for the black ones - someone in marketing at ford should sort that out. That and the the reason for only including Orange as an accent option on the interior. I would have paid for something interesting and different there but not Orange. We'll see - moving on to go shop for RollNLock bed covers now. For 65K i hope that ecoboost doesn't suck.

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh well. i pulled the trigger w/ the alloys. i'll sort it out later. They could have charged me extra for the black ones - someone in marketing at ford should sort that out. That and the the reason for only including Orange as an accent option on the interior. I would have paid for something interesting and different there but not Orange. We'll see - moving on to go shop for RollNLock bed covers now. For 65K i hope that ecoboost doesn't suck.

I agree with the one color accent on the interior - and orange on top of the one choice?!
The ecoboost will suck.....major gobs of air only to ram it down the intake...

CA650

Reaction score
funny. i use to own a 3.8L porsche back in 99 and it was sort of whiney - I've been trained to want bigger displacement over anything else. anyway we r off topic for whoever posted this thread. But I bought at MSRP today and my brother in law did the same thing at 2 different dealerships and both seemed happy to get MSRP after making some noise about $5K over MSRP they folded. Not true back in California. 4 dealerships let me walk for not paying over list. So now out of principle i have an order in Michigan that i need to pickup. BTW.. there is apparently a difference in the emission systems on the trucks headed to California. So mine will likely have some extra ******** on it to slow it down. The dealer in Michigan seemed to need to key in some extra something to let the factory know it was going to Nancy Pelosi's state.