Daily Driver + Sports Car --> Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had a mint low mileage 2018 F150, and a 2015 13K mile boosted GT. I NEVER drove the GT and it just sat in my garage. I ended up selling it for 35K and putting 20 grand down on my 2020 Raptor and was 17K positive on my Truck which carried over. No regrets.

Attachments

• Dyno.jpg
    Dyno.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 23
  • ASS.jpg
    ASS.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Raptor123.PNG.jpg
    Raptor123.PNG.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
H

Hagdio72

Reaction score
Had a mint low mileage 2018 F150, and a 2015 13K mile boosted GT. I NEVER drove the GT and it just sat in my garage. I ended up selling it for 35K and putting 20 grand down on my 2020 Raptor and was 17K positive on my Truck which carried over. No regrets.
That Mustang was clean! Glad to hear you don't have any regrets and are enjoying the Raptor. I have about $20k positive equity in my truck and about $11k positive equity in the Mustang. That would allow me to put a nice down payment down on a Raptor if I choose to go that route.

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Back in 2012, I traded in my 2007 Z06 for my 2012 Raptor. Ideally, I would have kept both, but I really wanted the Raptor and couldnt afford to keep both. I still have my Raptor and am looking for another Z06. The differences are obviously very dramatic and of course you miss the speed and handling, but my Raptor is by far, the longest I have ever kept a vehicle. Its been 11 yrs and I still love it.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Moved as requested. Regarding your post OP, my 2 cents. If you are a gearhead and enjoy a sports car, a Raptor will not satisfy your needs. It's an awesome truck, it does just about everything great. However, it's still huge, heavy, and far from nimble. IMO, I would keep the Mustang, sell the F150 and get a low-mileage Gen 2 Raptor or Gen 1 Raptor, for a win/win.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
Lower end of the spectrum here, but I have a Golf R (Manual/Fun), a tdi jetta wagon(daily), and a gen 1 crewcab. Seems like the perfect garage until you realize the comfort of the raptor outweighs the logic of the TDI.

bigskyRaptor

Reaction score
For me, the Raptor is the best daily driver I have ever had (Gen 2, hopefully Gen 3 soon). That being said, it is big and it is not a manual. I will hopefully always have smaller manual options in the garage as well (991.2 GT3, 2000 Tacoma/ 5 speed).

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having little kids is a specific phase in one's life. I am in that phase. Having 2 cars makes no sense, because you will be in your "DD" 99% of the time (think carseats, kids, practicality). If I can only enjoy my sportscar/weekend car 1% of the time, I'm not really enjoying it at all.

In all, life is pretty great if your DD is a Raptor.

When the kids are older I'll definitely get something more fun in addition to the Rap.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Having little kids is a specific phase in one's life. I am in that phase. Having 2 cars makes no sense, because you will be in your "DD" 99% of the time (think carseats, kids, practicality). If I can only enjoy my sportscar/weekend car 1% of the time, I'm not really enjoying it at all.

In all, life is pretty great if your DD is a Raptor.

When the kids are older I'll definitely get something more fun in addition to the Rap.
Little Bobby always knows when dad is there to pick him up when there is a single Raptor in a line of Subaru's and minivans!

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little Bobby always knows when dad is there to pick him up when there is a single Raptor in a line of Subaru's and minivans!
You know what, you are absolutely right. Today I saw him in the rear view mirror (at drop-off) pointing to my truck and talking to his friends, all of them were grinning ear to ear. Sadly I didn't have time to switch the exhaust to Baja mode, that was just Normal!