Burn out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2010 but I notice in BlueSTI's video that he had the shifter in "M" and not Drive. Guessing that "M" means manual padel shifting.

Maybe that makes a difference?

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2010 but I notice in BlueSTI's video that he had the shifter in "M" and not Drive. Guessing that "M" means manual padel shifting.

Maybe that makes a difference?

Generally, when you want to do a burnout you should be in first gear. Maybe if you're in automatic it'll shift up? But I'm not sure how that will affect anything

OP
OP
G

Geno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anybody READ these threads? I posted multiple videos above, one specifically addressing the brake override! :)

Your truck is gifted, may have been a glitch from the factory. No offense, but I guarantee I've smoked and purchased more Mickey Thompson ET Streets, Hoosiers and M&H drag radials from doing burnouts at the drag strip than you have. I know how to do a propper burnout and my truck flat dogs out when I attempt to do one. It's ok, we can agree to dissagree but the fact of the matter is, mine doesnt. The title of my thread doesn't read "Embarrassing, BlueSTI can do a burnout in his raptor."

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your truck is gifted, may have been a glitch from the factory. No offense, but I guarantee I've smoked and purchased more Mickey Thompson ET Streets, Hoosiers and M&H drag radials from doing burnouts at the drag strip than you have. I know how to do a propper burnout and my truck flat dogs out when I attempt to do one. It's ok, we can agree to dissagree but the fact of the matter is, mine doesnt. The title of my thread doesn't read "Embarrassing, BlueSTI can do a burnout in his raptor."
Do you really think that's likely? That I have a "gifted" truck with a glitch? I suppose I'll need to hop in a friends Raptor and do it also, for the sake of putting it to rest.

Are you able to spin them for ANY length of time? Even 2-3 seconds? Traction FULLY disabled, gearshift in "M" in 1st gear with rear diff locked?

SVTRAPTOR4489

Sergeant-at-Arms
Reaction score
My 2011 would NOT do a burnout when I first got it. Last time I was at the dealer I had them upload the newest TSB for my transmission. Right after I noticed that the 1-6 gear indicator on the display screen showed up all by its self.(not like before when I had to hit the + or - on the shifter before it would show up) Now I can Spin the tires with no bogging.

Also I found the best setting for doing donuts and drifting. Put in drive, pull 2hi locker nob, press off-rode mode, press TC button ONCE, Wait a sec the Press an hold it 5 seconds.

Jbar

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to do a burn out in there raptor? I have a 2012 6.2 and can't do a good burn out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2004boss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lmao mine wont even let me brake torque it. Kinda sucks ive tried to race a few friends in ecoboosts and 5.0's every time I try to get up on the converter the computer shuts me down. Probably gonna get flamed for this lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk