Battery issues & Looking for advice before 1PM Mountain Time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Monte87

Reaction score
I read all the battery posts and have contributed to them in the past myself, but now looking for advice from folks here with technical knowledge as truck sitting with Ford dealership for service.

Ford Pass app weekly gives me "remote features shutdown message" and dealt with it for months but becoming more frequent. In for service now and ask them to run battery test. This is what they told me...

2022 Raptor w/ 23K
Battery temperature: Normal
Capacity/Charge: 28%
Health: 63% (tech said expecting 68%)
Electrical draw .01 - tech states not enough to be concerned about.
Load test: Normal/No issue
Alternator: No found issues

Tech recommendation: Charge it at dealer while being serviced, expecting 4-5 hours on charger.

Daily driver and average 30+ miles a day/5-days a week, 3/4 of it highway. Tech state this is sufficient to keep the battery "topped" and charged. Also agreed that leaving "auto download on" contributes to battery drain issue.

States I could "purchase" new battery or see what happens after charging. If I am going to purchase, rather purchase Duracell Ultra Platinum from Battery Plus then what Ford installs.

Does not seem right that after 22-months of ownership the battery health is 63% and being a daily driver the charge is at 28%??? Seems like either battery is bad or alternator?????
Same thing happened to me. Just bought truick early march2024, , truck is 2022and batter issues and problems. Just bought new battery and replaced, so far all good.
Anthony

OP
OP
CTK59

CTK59

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Mexico, it ain't "new" & it ain't "mexico"
Bummer about your battery. Do you happen to live in a hot climate? Vegas, Phoenix??

Heat kills batteries.

If you don’t have one already get a quality charger, I use Victron, and give the battery a good charge once a month.

The Victron has a “Recondition” mode that you should try on your current battery. It’ll shake it up enough to remove some of the sulfation.

Good luck!
Yup New Mexico and use a Victron, just tired of using it EVERY weekend. :)

G3Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing too helpful to add but when you say 30 miles a day 3/4 highway it leads me to believe that’s to a from work? So I’d imagine under 15-20 minutes of run time each way? It’s not the mileage but the run time that will provide the proper charge. I don’t think 15 minute drives will help keep the battery charged. These trucks seem to have a high electrical draw.
Interesting comment. I work from home and drive my truck, on average, ~10 minutes a day (to and from the gym).

Mine is a 2024 Gen3 with about 9k miles and I haven’t had any “battery” issues like this so far… EXCEPT after installing my GJ third brake light with Bd S2’s and they kept coming on because I testing them - where I got the same message as the OP. Drove the truck for 10 minutes after the message and it has never come back on.

Makes me wonder if this is a production issue with earlier trucks.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did a couple of tests and not sure what to make of it.

With OTA on everyday, the battery voltage on start up was 14.5 or 15.
With OTA on Friday / Sat, the battery voltage on startup on non-OTAdays was 13-13.5 on OTA days it was 14.5-15
With no OTA. the battery voltage on startup was 13-13.5 and after 8 days it was 13 consistently.

Truck is connected to home wifi.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Guess I'm lucky battery wise, still have original OEM battery and truck will sit sometimes for 1-1½ weeks before starting.

39,*** miles.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a had a x2 in my 2010 for 6 years . Truck sits a lot , it always starts . Just bought one for my 2019 , no issues. pricey but they a good quality .
1712145272521.png

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the Duracell because the X2 didn't come in the larger size. That said, I've X2's in two other vehicles and really like them and prefer them. The Duracell has been rock solid for me thus far.