Battery issue, Charging issue or BMS issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Raptorbert

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys tried to unplug the BMS sensor and see how the truck charges? It may revert to charging like you would expect a vechile to.
I’m not even sure what I’m looking for. I just seem to notice that start stop wasn’t working as expected with the motorcraft battery but has been with my Walmart H8. I’m sure there’s tons of algorithms in between the computer saying engage and the battery itself though.

dh2002

Reaction score
I had the same issue and after chasing it for a bit I installed a NOCO battery maintainer and just plug it in during the time I'm using my commuter car for work.

OP
OP
Raptorbert

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue and after chasing it for a bit I installed a NOCO battery maintainer and just plug it in during the time I'm using my commuter car for work.
That should only be expected with a car that gets infrequently used. Mine goes everywhere, every day

dh2002

Reaction score
That should only be expected with a car that gets infrequently used. Mine goes everywhere, every day
I agree, what ford told me in the end is because of the amount of electronics in the vehicle the alternator isnt enough to recharge the SOC on short drives. The truck needs 2 plus hours driven everyday to recharge. I called BS but at that point I got annoyed enough to not deal with them anymore.

OP
OP
Raptorbert

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, what ford told me in the end is because of the amount of electronics in the vehicle the alternator isnt enough to recharge the SOC on short drives. The truck needs 2 plus hours driven everyday to recharge. I called BS but at that point I got annoyed enough to not deal with them anymore.
That’s total BS. I’ve yet to drive over an hour and a half with my H8 and stop start engages nearly immediately.

dh2002

Reaction score
That’s total BS. I’ve yet to drive over an hour and a half with my H8 and stop start engages nearly immediately.
Yeah I just walked away from the tech at that point. Problem is with modern electronics you could be chasing a ghost and it’ll fix itself for some reason.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You guys tried to unplug the BMS sensor and see how the truck charges? It may revert to charging like you would expect a vechile to.
Unplug for what reason? Just do a BMS reset to the system. I wouldn't be unplugging any sensor that is related to the issue I'm having...?
I have 2,067 miles on my Mach 1 in over two years and it needs zero battery maintaining. I use one, but when all this started I left it off for the entire winter and only got the deep sleep mode after 14 days, which is be design. Never had any issues with the battery itself. My truck would drive 2-3 hours and be dead when it arrived. I did ten hours and it lasted overnight before getting stupid. It's that Motorcraft battery from factory.
Yeah, definitely not how it should be. No issues since the H8.

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One interesting data point… BCM got reprogrammed with presumably the most current version to fix a weird issue with the door locks. Haven’t noticed any low battery related behavior since then.

OP
OP
Raptorbert

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mines still going great. It even sat for 49hrs straight while I was at work and ASS engaged pretty quickly on the way home

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter