Electrical battery issue or what?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Monte87

Monte87

Reaction score
I think these batteries are shot in these trucks. I plan on buying a new battery for the summer and I will report back to FRF if I no longer get these messages after letting the truck sit for a day or two. We should not be seeing this message. A good AGM battery can sit for a week without throwing this message.
I agree with you 1000%, never heard of battery not getting charged enough before.. As long as the Alternator is hi performance it shouldnt be an issue. It is sad that is happening..

OP
OP
Monte87

Monte87

Reaction score
I think these batteries are shot in these trucks. I plan on buying a new battery for the summer and I will report back to FRF if I no longer get these messages after letting the truck sit for a day or two. We should not be seeing this message. A good AGM battery can sit for a week without throwing this message.
Ive also been noticing that if i clean interior and leave doors open a bit, the day before without going for drive or let idle and rev to 1500rpms, i get these messages.. Im starting to remember now lol

OP
OP
Monte87

Monte87

Reaction score
That’s the cause right there. Short trips like that will not recharge the battery and are not enough to offset the draw. I have the same issue. Grab a battery tender and give it a full charge 1x a month.
is there a special battery tender i need for these AGM batteries?? I have the DELRAN Battery tender...

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is there a special battery tender i need for these AGM batteries?? I have the DELRAN Battery tender...
Yes, there are specific chargers for AGM (as well as lithium, acid,etc). I have a Noco Genius 10, it has settings for most types of batteries as well as 12v and 6v.

I do the 1x a month maintenance charge and then will also charge it if I’ve been leaving the doors open while working on / cleaning the truck. As you’ve noticed, opening and closing the doors or leaving them open for extended amounts of time seems to also drain the battery.

Last edited:

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi guys,

2022 raptor here w 26k on odometer. Got this message via ford app about 4x since owning this truck, Got back in Feb. Truck starts, via remotely no issues. What's the deal?? Is battery going or electrical gremlins via F150 raptor? Please let me know. Is this a common issue w these trucks?

Thanks Anthony
This has been covered extensively here:

OP
OP
Monte87

Monte87

Reaction score
This has been covered extensively here:

Thanks for the link. appreciate it!
Anthony

James O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the usual message on my app every couple days of not driving my truck as I have a company supplied work van.
I unplugged my dash camera for the heck of it and never saw the message for a full work week so I installed a dedicated battery for the dash camera and now I have yet to see the message.
Also if you go on real short trips the battery management does not allow the battery to recharge fully.