Electrical battery issue or what?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Monte87

Reaction score
Hi guys,

2022 raptor here w 26k on odometer. Got this message via ford app about 4x since owning this truck, Got back in Feb. Truck starts, via remotely no issues. What's the deal?? Is battery going or electrical gremlins via F150 raptor? Please let me know. Is this a common issue w these trucks?

Thanks Anthony

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240312_073358_FordPass.jpg
    Screenshot_20240312_073358_FordPass.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 49

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife's truck does the same thing. Usually after sitting several days and if it has seen a couple short trips with high electrical loads and not enough run time to properly charge the battery, usually in the winter. Truck has never failed to start, cranks normally.

OP
OP
Monte87

Monte87

Reaction score
My wife's truck does the same thing. Usually after sitting several days and if it has seen a couple short trips with high electrical loads and not enough run time to properly charge the battery, usually in the winter. Truck has never failed to start, cranks normally.
Thanks for reply! I use truck everyday, morning drive to work and back home drive. Probably 2-3 miles 1 way... Truck does start, w remote and all. Just that all electrical (radio, hvac, heated seats and steering wheel) shuts off on inside on remote start, until i start to drive it, then i put on.
Thanks Anthony

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for reply! I use truck everyday, morning drive to work and back home drive. Probably 2-3 miles 1 way... Truck does start, w remote and all. Just that all electrical (radio, hvac, heated seats and steering wheel) shuts off on inside on remote start, until i start to drive it, then i put on.
Thanks Anthony
A battery tender will help with keeping a good charge in the battery. Short drives are not good for any vehicle, reason: they never fully reach operating temp to burn off the moisture(condensation) that gets in the engine and exhaust system. My advice would be to change how you use remote start, set it to the longest run time(15 min) with all accessories turned off and let it run the full time before you drive it.

I have used remote start daily on my G1 since new and vary the time depending on season and leave the other settings on auto. First start of the day I let it run the full cycle, I've done this for 11 years and 176k miles.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think these batteries are shot in these trucks. I plan on buying a new battery for the summer and I will report back to FRF if I no longer get these messages after letting the truck sit for a day or two. We should not be seeing this message. A good AGM battery can sit for a week without throwing this message.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Anthony
That’s the cause right there. Short trips like that will not recharge the battery and are not enough to offset the draw. I have the same issue. Grab a battery tender and give it a full charge 1x a month.