Auto Start Stop dead in the winter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Raptorbert

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn! how long had the truck been on?

I’m cold just looking at that picture
It was remote started for 15 and then I had it running with full blast defrost for another 10 getting a foot of snow off the truck. ASS worked the whole way to the hardware store. Then again on the way home. I did get a new priority update a few days ago, maybe the bcm update had something to do with ASS?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It was remote started for 15 and then I had it running with full blast defrost for another 10 getting a foot of snow off the truck. ASS worked the whole way to the hardware store. Then again on the way home. I did get a new priority update a few days ago, maybe the bcm update had something to do with ASS?
What did we all do... back when we had peasant cars :)

my experience is that it’s battery, cold or heat. You can see why it doesn’t work on the driver’s console menu.

OP
OP
Raptorbert

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did we all do... back when we had peasant cars :)

my experience is that it’s battery, cold or heat. You can see why it doesn’t work on the driver’s console menu.
It would always say charging.

One other thing, 3 days ago I got a priority update. 2 days ago I reset my BMS and then cleared my codes (one DTC aka B162F that’s remained consistent even throughout multiple SSM procedures to fix it) and ever since that update and code clearing that B162F hasn’t come back. Even with yesterdays colder weather where it sat for 24hrs during a winter storm the ASS worked the next day. Perhaps a coincidence but maybe not. f150gen14 forum members are saying it updates the BCM module so, maybe?

Attachments

• IMG_4247.jpeg
    IMG_4247.jpeg
    298.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4219.png
    IMG_4219.png
    303.9 KB · Views: 6

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member