2017 Roush rumors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This ^ is what I meant by my remark not trying to bash it, but I'm a farmer and the v6 just don't last. I think technology has changed but I need a strong proven power for farm use. I don't think when pickups where first build it was for racing or getting lumber. I know there is aplacations for it town ppl need to get grass clippings to dump, but the first truckers where for a purpose. The problem is demand not a lot anymore plus buy a f-350 why I don't need that becose I don't need a gooseneck, but still need the proven power. Lucky I have a V8 or two but there getting old.

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, I need one of your 'gear heads' to school me on this. Assuming that the sound of the engine is a result of the volume of exhaust, and the volume of exhaust is proportional to the number in front of the "L", and the number in front of the "L" drives in large part the MPG which all manufactures are mandated to increase by the government (2025 MPG targets)...why can't we design an exhaust system that takes that lower volume of exhaust and makes it sound 'beefier'?

RaptorCoastie

NorCal Raptor Runs
Reaction score
Wilson, it sounds like the Raptor isn't your best bet then. Why not a new model regular F150 with the 5.0 V8 in it? Then wait a few years, see how the 3.5L evolves. If it does have more torque and hp than the outgoing V8, and is still running strong in trucks a few years from now, it's kind of hard to deny the facts at that point though...

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, I need one of your 'gear heads' to school me on this. Assuming that the sound of the engine is a result of the volume of exhaust, and the volume of exhaust is proportional to the number in front of the "L", and the number in front of the "L" drives in large part the MPG which all manufactures are mandated to increase by the government (2025 MPG targets)...why can't we design an exhaust system that takes that lower volume of exhaust and makes it sound 'beefier'?

You can always buy a V8 engine soundtrack and load it into the cd changer

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I do have to get rid of my raptor at some point I will likely pick up the 5 liter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wilson, it sounds like the Raptor isn't your best bet then. Why not a new model regular F150 with the 5.0 V8 in it? Then wait a few years, see how the 3.5L evolves. If it does have more torque and hp than the outgoing V8, and is still running strong in trucks a few years from now, it's kind of hard to deny the facts at that point though...

As I was typing it I knew it was a mute point. This is a raptor forum for aff road use pickup, wat I'm getting at is I will soon have to buy a f250 witch is not much different than a f-150 exseped price. I live in the USA where your sapos to have a choice. Example I choose to use e-30 in every gallon of gas I burn. We all should have that choice whether it's if you want to use non ethanol gas or buy a V8

RaptorCoastie

NorCal Raptor Runs
Reaction score
I have a 2014 F250 Lariat Ultimate with the 6.7L right now. It's a great truck. 10/10. Honestly. So if you do have to switch, you'll be happy. And the way the F150's are going right now, the price difference isn't much at all. If any.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
True

Actualy the raptor is a purpos bought for me, to run fields at speed checking wet holes iragation and the like.

It will be interesting what direction we go from here, I just like the options.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Full Race has a ton of parts. They started out in the import game years ago and I guess they branched out. Some of you guys are going to hate the 2 gen so much and I guess I cant blame you. Sounds like a turbo dodge neon.

https://youtu.be/U0bNgEOQLSs

Dont vent to atmosphere and recirc the boost instead, that will solve the boosted dodge neon/wrx/sti ricer boy sound. My 2.5 turbo'ed lighty modded subie recircs the excess boost so there is no "blow off" sound at all. Not a hard solution to a small problem.

I dont know about anyone else but I like the sound of turbos spooling especially on built diesels and other high HP vehicles.