2017 Roush rumors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, I need one of your 'gear heads' to school me on this. Assuming that the sound of the engine is a result of the volume of exhaust, and the volume of exhaust is proportional to the number in front of the "L", and the number in front of the "L" drives in large part the MPG which all manufactures are mandated to increase by the government (2025 MPG targets)...why can't we design an exhaust system that takes that lower volume of exhaust and makes it sound 'beefier'?

I believe the 3.5EB will produce a larger volume of exhaust gases when under load than the old 6.2. Why wouldn't it? It will be producing more power. And power is a result of the amount of air/fuel the engine is processing.

The difference in the exhaust notes is due to the timing of the exhaust pulses. The firing order can change this but a V6 will always sound flatter than a V8 because it has fewer pistons and fewer exhaust pulses.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Those and what @Wilson posted are certainly viable options but both of these are stock widths correct? One reason ours can do what they can do off-road is the extra 7" of width.

Correct but with glass and RPG's Raptor width axles and suspension setup you're golden.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@oxfordraptor The Roush website doesn't seem to list the various prices with superchargers. All it says is starting at $10,600 above base vehicle. Have you seen pricing? Just curious what all that would add up to get it done right (with Raptor width too).

Would need to ditch the Fox 2.0s then and get rid of those 20" wheels!

I see the 700hp Shelby is $98,500. Not a player in my book then but it does have at least 2.5 shocks and 18" wheels.

Not sure that the v8 replacement is not the best option for the future Raptor if one really wants to go that way. Sell the eco and plow that money into a
solid v8.

Last edited:

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
it's 25k in mods ^ or so I should look and see what a lariat platinum is going for it's that plus mods.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got 55K for Lariat with the 5.0 and 502A.

So still not so sure that an engine replacement is not the cheapest way to go. Any idea on what it would take and cost to take the eco out of the 2017 Raptor and put in either a 6.2 or slightly built up 5.0?
At least you'd have a 450+ hp eco to offset your build.

Last edited: