2017 Roush rumors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is the only sound I like its the pppppppvvvvvvvv of the v6 that bothers me only becose it sounds like weekness IMO but I'm older. A pickup should not sound like a old lady's car. Again I've seen how long a v6 on a farm lasts

MILRTME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry but for a truck that sounds pathetic! The ecoboost is a great concept but why not take that technology and build a v8 version? Small turbos but still a ASS load of power and not too mention the sound! Ohhhhh the sweet sound..............

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry but for a truck that sounds pathetic! The ecoboost is a great concept but why not take that technology and build a v8 version? Small turbos but still a ASS load of power and not too mention the sound! Ohhhhh the sweet sound..............

Because it would most likely price the Raptor out of most peoples budget. The more power you put down the more you have to beef up everything else in the driveline. Sure, they could put out a Raptor R or something at $75k+ but they know thats a lot for most of America especially for a truck. Just my $0.02.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
I honestly would love to have a 2017 Raptor (or later depending on bugs when they're first released.)

I'm a firm believer in the ecoboost after I saw a 2015 F150 Supercrew 3.5 ecoboost run a 8.8 in the 1/8th mile at a local drag strip. That was with exhaust, intake and a tune. The best part about ecoboost tunes is the amount of HP they allow you to gain.

MILRTME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because it would most likely price the Raptor out of most peoples budget. The more power you put down the more you have to beef up everything else in the driveline. Sure, they could put out a Raptor R or something at $75k+ but they know thats a lot for most of America especially for a truck. Just my $0.02.

Understand that, but then why not offer a modified 5.2L in the next raptor? It is a Shelby based motor but still that would be nice! Maybe roush will do something sweet!

I'm looking forward to the new raptor just wish they offered another engine. Even if they had to charge a gas guzzlers fee, I bet a lot of people would pay for it.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Understand that, but then why not offer a modified 5.2L in the next raptor? It is a Shelby based motor but still that would be nice! Maybe roush will do something sweet!

I'm looking forward to the new raptor just wish they offered another engine. Even if they had to charge a gas guzzlers fee, I bet a lot of people would pay for it.

There would have to be a lot of changes made. That is a high HP engine but the torque figures aren't good enough for a truck. They'd have to do a different set of cams to get the torque curve to be suitable for a truck.

edit: I didn't read closely enough. I now see that you said modified 5.2L haha. My bad bud

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe Roush is currently planning on after market exhaust, tune, badging (they do this for F-150's with ECO Boost today)

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Either a 2018 V8 option or a Roush/Shelby/?? V8 option Raptor, and I think we'd all be a lot happier. Just give us a V8 option.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc