2013 SVT Rotor/brakes/calipers sticking?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@lorrie do you know if your front sliders have rubbers on them? 2014 they do. the rubber can swell and cause the problem you are having. Also the pads can be reversed not willingly (outer on the inner and oner on the outer) this might ave bent a slider pin witch could cause the problem you are having. Good luck. If you are close to Nashville I am not scared to look at it. I would think 2013 would be the same slide pin as 2014. There also can be a build up of rust on the pad hanger not likely your problem. It normally will cause uneven pad and warping rotors.
And all the stuff FTO said should be checked if the mechanical seams to be good. Might be on the fluid side. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
lorrie

lorrie

Reaction score
@lorrie do you know if your front sliders have rubbers on them? 2014 they do. the rubber can swell and cause the problem you are having. Also the pads can be reversed not willingly (outer on the inner and oner on the outer) this might ave bent a slider pin witch could cause the problem you are having. Good luck. If you are close to Nashville I am not scared to look at it. I would think 2013 would be the same slide pin as 2014. There also can be a build up of rust on the pad hanger not likely your problem. It normally will cause uneven pad and warping rotors.
And all the stuff FTO said should be checked if the mechanical seams to be good. Might be on the fluid side. Hope this helps.
I may reach out to y’all when we get there! We are gonna be in west TN so only like 1.5hrs from Nashville.
I’ll be replacing them again this weekend and will follow all tips everyone gave me, just to be sure. The whole truck has some rusting randomly. Im assuming who had it before me lived up north. I’ve been trying to nurse it back to health.

Thank you everyone!!!

OP
OP
lorrie

lorrie

Reaction score
@Gumby

Gumby, Mike and I can have a look if you don't get it solved before you get here. We've redone all of ours. As I recall, the auto brake tension adjuster thingy / parking brake thingy was seized up on all of ours. But, that was the rears. I'm sure Gumby can figure it out.

My driver side front had an issue that sounds similar to yours, pads were down to the metal. Disassembled, cleaned, lubed pistons, reassembled with new rotors and pads. Haven't had an issue since.

View attachment 423528
Thank you! I may look y’all up once we get settled! I’m changing it out again this weekend and will do all the things everyone has mentioned. I’ll post pics of everything after. Maybe it’ll help the next person.

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have had a couple brake lines do this.
Being laminated construction, they don't leak externally.
Inner tube splits, fractures, and leaks inside the outer layer.
Pressure causes a pinch that keeps pressure to the caliper, but won't return when pedal is released.
Something to look at.
Seems to be a little more common recently.

Otherwise I would suspect ABS stuff possibly.
Good luck

castine917

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with swapping brake lines. My very first raptor I bought used had a caliper stick due to a brake line that would collapse. The brake line is easy to swap out and it doesn’t cost much.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Highly recommended, also a supporting vendor on here.
Their brake upgrade package is outstanding as well!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
lorrie

lorrie

Reaction score
Just an update, we replaced all the pads, rotors, and the lines. We think it was in fact the lines since they were damaged looking. I forgot to get photos as it got REAL late since we replaced the AC condenser and compressor at the same time. We are doing the shocks this weekend and god willing I won’t have to deal with nothing else. I love this truck but I promise the second I get the title I’m trading it

OP
OP
lorrie

lorrie

Reaction score
Okay well….new question…any suggestions for a shock replacement? Like a brand other than fox? Mine came with the fox shocks and the ones I got in the mail from AutoZone (I was trying to save money since I’m moving) did not fit lol I really hate to spend 1800 per shock suggestions, and reviews of your favorite brands would be appreciated

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gen 1 shocks should be available much cheaper than that. There are ford dealerships out there that sell factory parts cheap like tasca ford and a few others. I've dealt with village ford parts out of Dearborn, MI and been happy with their prices. I think I paid less than $1800 for all 4 shocks for my 2013, but that was over 3 years ago.