2013 SVT Rotor/brakes/calipers sticking?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lorrie

Reaction score
I hate to be back on here looking dumb. I’ve searched the thread and can’t find anyone with this issue. Ive replaced my driving side rotor/brakes 3 times in the past 12 months. Something is sticking. I even replaced the caliper 2 months ago thinking it was locking up since the rotor is getting eat tf up. Im going through brake pads like crazy. It’s just the one side getting messed up. But it’s like it’s slowing down/grinding into the rotor?
Fluids are fine, we cleared them every time. I’ve googled, I’ve taken it to a tire/brake shop, and they couldn’t tell me except to keep replacing. It’s aligned and balanced as well.
I’m moving from SC to TN next month and I’d like this resolved before driving through the mountains.
Anyone know what it could be? Send help
2013 Raptor SVT 6.2L

OP
OP
lorrie

lorrie

Reaction score
On the Gen 1 it was possible to put the brake pads in backwards and it would cause this to happen, also take a look at the slide pins.
I get them done at the ford dealer when I can’t make it out to my dads to do it. I would hope they’re installing it correctly. I know we did it and it was done correctly. I’ll double check this evening though. Thank you.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
I hate to be back on here looking dumb. I’ve searched the thread and can’t find anyone with this issue. Ive replaced my driving side rotor/brakes 3 times in the past 12 months. Something is sticking. I even replaced the caliper 2 months ago thinking it was locking up since the rotor is getting eat tf up. Im going through brake pads like crazy. It’s just the one side getting messed up. But it’s like it’s slowing down/grinding into the rotor?
Fluids are fine, we cleared them every time. I’ve googled, I’ve taken it to a tire/brake shop, and they couldn’t tell me except to keep replacing. It’s aligned and balanced as well.
I’m moving from SC to TN next month and I’d like this resolved before driving through the mountains.
Anyone know what it could be? Send help
2013 Raptor SVT 6.2L
Pro tip, dont move to TN from CHS. Biggest mistake we made.

How do the lines look on that one side?

OP
OP
lorrie

lorrie

Reaction score
Pro tip, dont move to TN from CHS. Biggest mistake we made.

How do the lines look on that one side?
We are moving because my mother in law gave my husband his childhood home/land since she remarried and moved. We are tired of these rent prices lmao It’s so much cheaper there

The lines look clean but I’m wondering if I should just replace them since it’s only that one side acting up. It’s gotta be something simple…I hope anyway lol

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
We are moving because my mother in law gave my husband his childhood home/land since she remarried and moved. We are tired of these rent prices lmao It’s so much cheaper there

The lines look clean but I’m wondering if I should just replace them since it’s only that one side acting up. It’s gotta be something simple…I hope anyway lol
We did the same, more or less. I agree CHS is the new San Fran unfortunately. Best of luck!

If you do replace, upgrade. Stainless lines and whatnot. Make sure the new caliber pins are greased good. Apples to Oranges but my Duramax did this real bad and it was the caliper slide pins.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With the caliper being replaced and properly lubricated, you’re down to only a couple possibilities, with those being a collapsed brake hose or debris contamination in the HCU. Brake hose is much cheaper and not common on older/higher mileage vehicles, I would start there.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
@Gumby

Gumby, Mike and I can have a look if you don't get it solved before you get here. We've redone all of ours. As I recall, the auto brake tension adjuster thingy / parking brake thingy was seized up on all of ours. But, that was the rears. I'm sure Gumby can figure it out.

My driver side front had an issue that sounds similar to yours, pads were down to the metal. Disassembled, cleaned, lubed pistons, reassembled with new rotors and pads. Haven't had an issue since.

20210304_121110.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter