Raptor Served a Greater Purpose Yesterday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MeenieMe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may only be the second thread I have started, but after yesterday morning, I feel like my raptor earned the honor.

A Ford Ranger ran through a red light, probably doing 45-50mph at the time, and t-***** my baby. As sad as it is to see the damage, I am extremely thankful for three things:
  1. To walk away from the accident (other driver as well)
  2. That I was driving my Raptor and not one of my other vehicles (from a pure mass and laws of physics perspective)
  3. That none of my kids wanted to come with me on the short trip

There's always a lot of healthy dialog regarding repairs, diminished value claims, and total loss...only further fueled by the end of the 6.2L V8. But, I will see how this week goes and take it one step at a time.

It has been a bit entertaining explaining to the insurance claims adjusters that it is not a standard "Ford F150." And that is before all the extra goodies. I don't think RPG designed their frame support for this purpose, but it will be interesting to see how the frame fared.

Anyway...I understand pics are a requirement, so here are a few. Look away if you must.

P.S. Yes, the impact did snap off part of the running board (found it about 25 feet away).

Attachments

• Raptor - 1.jpg
    Raptor - 1.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 203
  • Raptor - 2.jpg
    Raptor - 2.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 158
  • Raptor - 3.jpg
    Raptor - 3.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 150

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Yikes, glad you're OK.

I hope, for your sake, it's a total loss. Find a new one sitting on a lot somewhere and start over again.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It has been a bit entertaining explaining to the insurance claims adjusters that it is not a standard "Ford F150." And that is before all the extra goodies.

That's funny you mention that insurance thing because when you go to insure it and find out the rate, you ask why they charge so much more than a regular F150...

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow, glad to hear you're alright. It's nice to be driving a vehicle like the Raptor but we don't think about how much safer they are.

Hope that it can be repaired. Us Ruby Red owners are members of a rare color club that everyone else envies - even though they won't admit it!