What I was told in the beginning.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Norris McCarty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I first heard about the 2ndGen Raptor in January of this year. I had owned a 2012, 2013 and currently a 2014 Raptor. I love the trucks! Anyway, in July, I received a call from my brother, who happens to be a Ford dealer. He told me he had allocations for a couple of Gen2 Raptors and asked if I wanted one. I jumped at the chance. He said we wouldn't see the new Raptor until December or maybe January. This was all that any Ford dealer in the country knew about timing at that point. All of the print info that I have seen from Ford says the same thing; late Fall availability. Fall ends the 3rd week of December.
Why is it that the vocal minority on this board think that Ford has done them an injustice? Unless you had a dealer that told you a lie about when you'd see your Raptor, you don't have a bitch at all, except maybe with that particular dealer. Certainly not with FoMoCo.
Let's pull up our pants, share helpful information and "smile" at our fellow forum members. If you think my questions are stupid....don't answer the question....keep the rude distasteful comments to yourself.
Don't get me wrong; I'm as anxious as most of you to get get my hands on that light gray screw. I'm hoping for the middle of December, but if that doesn't happen, I'll just be happy for something to continue to look forward to. (;
You might ask what gives me the right to comment as I have: I like people.

Last edited:

poison123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I first heard about the 2ndGen Raptor in January of this year. I had owned a 2012, 2013 and currently a 2014 Raptor. I love the trucks! Anyway, in July, I received a call from my brother, who happens to be a Ford dealer. He told me he had allocations for a couple of Gen2 Raptors and asked if I wanted one. I jumped at the chance. He said we wouldn't see the new Raptor until December or maybe January. This was all that any Ford dealer in the country knew about timing at that point. All of the print info that I have seen from Ford says the same thing; late Fall availability. Fall ends the 3rd week of December.
Why is it that the vocal minority on this board think that Ford has done them an injustice? Unless you had a dealer that told you a lie about when you'd see your Raptor, you don't have a bitch at all, except maybe with that particular dealer. Certainly not with FoMoCo.
Let's pull up our pants, share helpful information and "smile" at our fellow forum members. If you think my questions are stupid....don't answer the question....keep the rude distasteful comments to yourself.
Don't get me wrong; I'm as anxious as most of you to get get my hands on that light gray screw. I'm hoping for the middle of December, but if that doesn't happen, I'll just be happy for something to continue to look forward to. (;
You might ask what gives me the right to comment as I have: I like people.

1.) I believe it wasn't "late Fall" at first, it just said "Fall", then they changed it around the late Oct time frame.
2.) The original ETAs is what got everyone's hopes up. Mine was slate for Nov 7th.
3.) The lack of info on whats coming out is whats pissing off a lot of people.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It has always been late fall. Period. Then someone found a post online somewhere and suddenly the new trucks were gonna be arriving sometime in September! lol

Everyone needs to just chill a little and believe it will be worth the wait (maybe). Hopefully you all get them before the 2018's arrive.....

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats what my dealer told me from the get go, late December early January. I'll even be fine with late January

Same here. I was told Dec/January timeframe when I ordered in August. If I turned off the internet from August to January and I got my Raptor in that timeframe or even February, then I'd be a happy duck with glowing comments for my dealer for coming through for me. It's really not that hard but unfortunately there's no "off" button for the internet
rich2.gif