Buying a Raptor in the US that was imported from Canada

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Few years ago... before I got my Raptor.
I was finding LOTS of previously Canadian trucks in my area for what looked like good prices.
Car Fax seemed OK, but when I looked deeper was told many wrecks, totals, or trucks that had issues in Canada were able to get moved into the US through dealers, auctions, wholesalers and "wash" their histories.
ABSOLUTELY no idea if anything like that would be happening with what you are looking at, but it has made me hesitant since I was told all that.
Good luck with the searching and shopping

Pnwrider

Reaction score
if you don’t care about resale, go for it. There’s a local used truck dealer to me specializes in bringing down trucks from Canada and reselling them in the states. They list their trucks for 20% or more below market value and claim in their marketing that you are able to buy vehicles at wholesale just like a dealer! They prey on uninformed buyers that don’t ask for a carfax and just see the “good deal”. They don’t advertise anywhere that the trucks are from Canada. Lots of those trucks come from the oil fields up there and get beat to crap (although with only 700 miles doesn’t sound like that’s the case on the raptor in question here) which is why they’re constantly getting swapped out.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For gmc/chevy and Ram, they have to mark them down since the manufacturer warranty is not good in the US, however, ford will honor the warranty if it’s brought across the border and you can purchase an ESP warranty as well.

I also believe dealers have to acknowledge that the truck is from Canada in the paperwork you sign. Laws vary state by state so results may not be the same. Dealers will tend to stay away from trades ins that are from Canada so there is that as well

I’m not advocating to purchase a truck from Canada but if the consumer is informed and depending on their situation, it might not be a bad deal

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TheSlacker

Reaction score
For gmc/chevy and Ram, they have to mark them down since the manufacturer warranty is not good in the US, however, ford will honor the warranty if it’s brought across the border and you can purchase an ESP warranty as well.

I also believe dealers have to acknowledge that the truck is from Canada in the paperwork you sign. Laws vary state by state so results may not be the same. Dealers will tend to stay away from trades ins that are from Canada so there is that as well

I’m not advocating to purchase a truck from Canada but if the consumer is informed and depending on their situation, it might not be a bad deal
You bought one from Canada, correct?