You've got to be FKn kidding me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My personal feelings on the matter:

I've owned four F150s (and one F350 and one F450 for camper towing) for twenty years, mostly in Alaska, but now in the East Coast. I've never been a lead foot, it's rare that I feel the need to "gun it". I suppose I'd not be buying a truck if that was my goal.

I do like having power at my disposal, but there is a point where anything more is unnecessary (for me). There is a trade-off, there always is. The TRX gets around 9 mpg from what I've seen in reviews and heard from one owner I know. That would never be worth it (to me).

I suppose some people love the idea of a V8 under the hood, for the sound and the potential power (that I'll never use), but to me it feels like it would be like when we used to put playing cards in our bicycle spokes as a kid so that our bikes sounded cool. What's the point (again, this is just my opinion)?

Maybe I'm just an older demographic (I'm 46), but I like fuel efficiency, and I like having a truck that can handle anything I can throw at it, minus a street race. I also like being able to go approximately 500 miles on a tank.

People put so much value into the phrase "v eight" that it's like they lost understanding of what it used to mean and why it used to be so important. Engines like the one in the Raptor are ages ahead of what we used to see in the days of "old iron".

I'm very happy with the truck. If the only engine option had been a V8 that got 9 mpg then I probably would have bought a regular F150 (perhaps a Tremor).
THIS. the mpg factor is big to me also, with the v6 it is really a no comprimise truck . has everything you need. not any more costly to operate then a regular truck. its faster then most trucks when you need it to be. has an amazing interior. plus it JUMPS and you can crush whoops with it! what more could you want.

Last edited:

Visier

Reaction score
Modifications sort of justify it. BUUUUUT... It's an ego truck. Slapping 20s on it and reducing sidewall/absorption by so much seems counterproductive. Also - why paint the fender flares if you're going to have so much poke that you'll sand blast them every time you leave pavement?

The truck looks cool for sure. I guess that's all they're going for.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
THIS. the mpg factor is big to me also, with the v6 it is really a no comprimise truck . has everything you need. not any more costly to operate then a regular truck. its faster then most trucks when you need it to be. has an amazing interior. plus it JUMPS and you can crush whoops with it! what more could you want.
A heated cup holder for your Starbucks latte would be nice.

CINISI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sooo much cringe. Why people spend crazy money on a truck only to spend even more messing it up…

Seeing more and more of these type builds around Phoenix and I shake my head every time.

To each their own, I guess…
The guy in the video is a little over the top but the truck doesnt look bad. Color matching the wheel arches is something Im considering.
It's not like he's gone Texas on it and thrown on a 8" lift with 26" wheels and low profiles tires.

Last edited: