GEN 2 Wrong oil for 15K miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ted Schroeder

Reaction score
The Ford dealership that does my service has my trust so far. One time the service writer was given me the truck back and he said hold one minute if you don’t mind. He called the shop Forman out and gave him a chewing out because the ticket called for full synthetic oil. They put in none synthetic oil, he told him to take back drain oil and replace oil filter. I use to change my oil myself but becoming disabled put a end to that.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the manual calls for 0-20 for cold climates and shows it’s good to 100 deg/f. All is fine

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the manual calls for 0-20 for cold climates and shows it’s good to 100 deg/f. All is fine
The cold climate oil recommendation is 0W-30; you may have been looking at the spec for the 3.3L. The 3.5 EcoBoost is not designed for any oil with a viscosity of 20; only 0W-30 or 5W-30.

alphax

Reaction score
Shady? You're about as smart and helpful as a brick. A company reduces the life of a $75K truck, also diminishes its value (now if I were to sell it I have service records that show it had the wrong oil for 15K miles) and you say I'm shady because I'm asking for ideas on how to make it right?
Let’s back track, who’s decision was it to a $75k truck to get a $30 oil change? Did you verify in your receipt what type of oil they were using? Is there any damage currently? Did the truck break down? And if it did, how will you articulate that it came from the oil they were using? Be smarter!