Wrench light after uninstalling tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello all,

I’ve been having a hell of a time with my truck lately and thought I’d come here to see if you guys had any ideas. I’ve got a ‘19 SCREW with just over 25,*** miles. I have had the truck just short of 3 years. I put the Cobb accessport on it about A year and a half ago.
Everything has been working great and I’ve had no issues up until a few days ago. Went to use the remote start on Saturday and it took about 7-10 sec of the starter cranking before the truck finally started. This has happened 4 times in the past week. When the truck finally started, I got a CEL on the dash and my Ford pass app said the engine was having difficulty achieving the required fuel pressure needed to start the vehicle. The following morning I used my accessport to read the code and it came up with P00C6.
I completed the process to uninstall the accessport from the truck, since I need to take it in to get the recall done on my cam phasers, which have started rattling recently. After I uninstalled the accessport however, the CEL light and the orange wrench have popped up on the dash. I tried installing a tune back on to see if they would go away, but they’re still there.
The truck seems to be driving okay and I can’t notice a difference, but I do have the alert in my pass app now that says it has detected a fault in the powertrain. I drove it about 10 miles to see if it would clear, but it hasn’t. I don’t want to risk driving it if something could be seriously wrong. Also don‘t want to call the dealership quite yet, just in case it has something to do with the tune.
Anyone deal with this before or have any idea what it could be?
Thanks

OP
OP
gibsonandwhiskey
Reaction score
What do the codes say from the accessport now?
Didn’t even realize I didn’t put that in the post above. CEL light and wrench are illuminated but I’ll run the accessport to check for codes and it says none are found.
Battery voltage is 11.8v. I’m going to try putting the battery on a charger today because I have seen in a previous post that it was a bad/dead battery that was making the wrench light turn on. Something about it not having the juice to power all the other component.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Battery voltage is 11.8v. I’m going to try putting the battery on a charger today because I have seen in a previous post that it was a bad/dead battery that was making the wrench light turn on. Something about it not having the juice to power all the other component.

Start with this. 11.8 is on the low side.

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can also stop by an auto parts store and see if they can try and pull codes. Sometimes the generic scanners (not sure about the accessport) can't pull from all the modules

OP
OP
gibsonandwhiskey
Reaction score
You can also stop by an auto parts store and see if they can try and pull codes. Sometimes the generic scanners (not sure about the accessport) can't pull from all the modules
Thanks. I’ve got it on the charger now.
and, the network modules in the Raptor are exceedingly tight on ranges for power, signal, etc.

+2
Do you know if it’s okay to drive the truck with the wrench light on? I was thinking of just going for a drive around town to let it run for a bit and see if anything clears up. I just started it this morning and the CEL light went away, so it’s just the wrench now.
I sent my diagnostics report to Cobb and they confirmed that everything was uninstalled successfully and the C/S rep there told me to drive it for a while to see if it clears up.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Drive your battery down there! Make sure you’re checking voltage with the engine running too! If that’s running voltage , it’s too low.

OP
OP
gibsonandwhiskey
Reaction score
My buddy dropped off a battery load tester with the charger. battery was pretty weak when he got here. Used the tester and the CCA was just over 200. Going to check it again in a bit. With the truck running I’m getting 14.3V
I updated the accessport yesterday and am going to try installing the ECU and TCM to see if for some reason something didn’t mesh right when I did it all the first time.