Negative Worst experience ever!?!? Corona? American trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello All,

American trucks I thought was a supporter of the forum at some point but I do not see them now so maybe they quit or were removed. I will now probably only go to the vendors supporting this forum though after my experience there. For a history update I have used American Muscle multiple times for my mustang and had little but some problems.

Okay, I submitted my order to American Trucks on March 9th for about $5k of 5 M/T baja tires, 5 black rhino wheels that were "in stock", 6 cube lights (2 axial spot, 2 axial flood, and 2 KC amber), and an ADD pro bolt on front bumper. Bumper was listed as 2-4 weeks shipping time, tires and wheels were listed as ships in 2-3 days, lights listed as ships in 2-3 days. I got an email after confirmation of the order that they only had 2 of the wheels and were waiting on the other 3 but had the 5 tires. Lights arrived home (I was out of the country) very quick. 1 month later no update/email/communication at all on the order status so I called. They said they had no idea about the wheels and the bumper would ship end of April sorry for the delay. End of April comes and I call for an update now the bumper will ship mid May (this order was for a trip to Utah on May 14th). Early May now and I have accepted nothing will be in for my trip, and I am home to check the lights for the bumper and one of the labeled KC hilites was a raxiom light. I called to complain about the time discrepancy between listed and reality and get the right light sent to me. They would not send the light without having the wrong light and put me on a priority list for the wheels. A few days later I get an email that my tires have been discontinued and removed from my order. My bumper arrives with a huge scratch on the skid plate and no hardware. I sand and paint the skid plate and buy grade 8 hardware for the bumper. I am still waiting on the wheels and the correct light 3 months later. I will update this thread with the end result if that is allowed. The communication and customer service was very sub par considering I called more than the 3 times listed here and absolutely nothing was ever done to correct the problem form their side or give me the feedback from the manufacturers they were working with. If the manufacturers are struggling because of Corona just inform me and post it on the website.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seems all too common these days. Sub par customer service, it’s almost just to be expected these days with society. I’m not allowing it, I fight back and tell people upfront “you have ****** customer service” . Okay rant over, nah, I get pissed when I read this stuff. We shouldn’t have to stand for this, period!

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That sucks in a whole lot of ways! I can tell you the sponsoring vendors in here are awesome. I've dealt with Baja Designs, Apollo Optics, Hush Car Audio, and SPV. They all were great to deal with. The other vendors in here I never dealt with yet, but have read nothing but compliments and very positive feedback about them too.

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That sucks in a whole lot of ways! I can tell you the sponsoring vendors in here are awesome. I've dealt with Baja Designs, Apollo Optics, Hush Car Audio, and SPV. They all were great to deal with. The other vendors in here I never dealt with yet, but have read nothing but compliments and very positive feedback about them too.
1622692189887.png

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

American trucks I thought was a supporter of the forum at some point but I do not see them now so maybe they quit or were removed. I will now probably only go to the vendors supporting this forum though after my experience there. For a history update I have used American Muscle multiple times for my mustang and had little but some problems.

Okay, I submitted my order to American Trucks on March 9th for about $5k of 5 M/T baja tires, 5 black rhino wheels that were "in stock", 6 cube lights (2 axial spot, 2 axial flood, and 2 KC amber), and an ADD pro bolt on front bumper. Bumper was listed as 2-4 weeks shipping time, tires and wheels were listed as ships in 2-3 days, lights listed as ships in 2-3 days. I got an email after confirmation of the order that they only had 2 of the wheels and were waiting on the other 3 but had the 5 tires. Lights arrived home (I was out of the country) very quick. 1 month later no update/email/communication at all on the order status so I called. They said they had no idea about the wheels and the bumper would ship end of April sorry for the delay. End of April comes and I call for an update now the bumper will ship mid May (this order was for a trip to Utah on May 14th). Early May now and I have accepted nothing will be in for my trip, and I am home to check the lights for the bumper and one of the labeled KC hilites was a raxiom light. I called to complain about the time discrepancy between listed and reality and get the right light sent to me. They would not send the light without having the wrong light and put me on a priority list for the wheels. A few days later I get an email that my tires have been discontinued and removed from my order. My bumper arrives with a huge scratch on the skid plate and no hardware. I sand and paint the skid plate and buy grade 8 hardware for the bumper. I am still waiting on the wheels and the correct light 3 months later. I will update this thread with the end result if that is allowed. The communication and customer service was very sub par considering I called more than the 3 times listed here and absolutely nothing was ever done to correct the problem form their side or give me the feedback from the manufacturers they were working with. If the manufacturers are struggling because of Corona just inform me and post it on the website.

I'm sorry about your experience OP, but "American Muscle" is not a supporting vendor of this forum nor have they ever been.