Windshield Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jwistehuff

Reaction score
Brand new 2018 loaded Leadfoot and water just pours through the top of the windshield. Started the day after I bought in and it rained. Dealer is a distaster... took a month to get an appointment, and over a week to fix it so far. I have no confidence they will do it right. First, they said they would reuse the windshield, now they ordered a replacement... Anyone else experience this on a brand new Ford Truck? Can the electronics above the mirror have been damaged by water? I know the center console speaker was doused with water. All this still works, but worried long-term if all this water will cause more issues. Curious what other’s opinions are.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds awful. Luckily no water has ever poured in on me, best bet is find another dealer and lodge a complaint against the first dealer with Ford.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

Jwistehuff

Reaction score
Thanks for feedback... heard of a lot of sunroof issues, but hadn’t see this. Guess I am the lucky one.

maximus5403

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go to a different dealer. I had a leak and my dealer took me in the next day and had to re-seal the Sirius antenna. Took about 3 hours as they had to drop the headliner on mine.

OP
OP
J

Jwistehuff

Reaction score
10 days later, I finally got my truck back and it's fixed. Wish I had thought of the extended warranty before I wrapped this up. It's a dealership issue, luckily I have another close by I will go to in the future. First Ford I've bought, so not off on a good foot.