Windshield Pecks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OUTCAST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the do it yourself windshield repair kits, are they worth fooling with or just take it to the glass shop? I’ll be glad when the Census Bureau decides we have too many Gravel trucks down here!

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had an FJ Cruiser and used one of those $9.99 DIY kits to repair several chips and even a 6" crack! (same kit)

I was very happy with the results... the crack was almost invisible afterward and the chips were almost impossible to find even though I knew where they were.

It was pretty simple... you do everything out of the sun and then it cures in the sun afterward... a quick scrape with the razor blade and you're done!

YMMV... and before you try the DIY method, many insurance companies will pay for a chip repair in full if you go to the glass shop and have it done.

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an FJ ............ many insurance companies will pay for a chip repair in full if you go to the glass shop and have it done.

No deductible either.

Good info on the DIY kit Mark. Thanks

FSM

shoepolishsmelling

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol to funny but seriously why fool around when your insurance might possibly do it for free worth a look anyways

JohntheDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always wondered about those do-it-yourself kits. Good to know. Thanks for the info!

:rep: