Will Raptor R be limited?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agree on a lot yes. No way Ford “tunes” the base Gen 3 and doesn’t crank up any HP/TQ numbers. And I will tell you why. The ‘21 F-150 3.5 is up 25HP and over 35TQ. Now the Raptor can be had with 37’s and who wants a Gen 3 with 37’s slower than a Gen 2? And who wants a Gen 3 with the same peak numbers as a Gen 2? Minimum of +25HP/30-50TQ if not more.

yeah....& that’s not enough to be quicker on 37”s & lil extra weight (I’m sure they will use “light” 37”s tho)

I really think they’re swinging for the fences & going w/ bigger snails

listen....the elephant in the room nobody is paying attention to us the very real possibility that the current political “*****” is going to put ICE & real power back 2 decades, the automakers know this may happen & are treating it like the 5th round in a UFC title fight, if you think otherwise you been snoozing

Ford will not allow some bunk ass 1/2 engineered overweight Fiat product dethrone a truck in a segment they Freakin invented!!!! Especially not after they gave em their open notebook (hahha- dodge!)

im tellin ya - aside from pure dyno #s the base gen3 raptor will be more capable overall than a TRX & the Raptor R will have created a league entirely of its own w/ the possibility of no other teams throwing an entry in our lifetimes.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
... Now the Raptor can be had with 37’s and who wants a Gen 3 with 37’s slower than a Gen 2? And who wants a Gen 3 with the same peak numbers as a Gen 2?

Would you guys think I'm weird if I said that I was OK with it? Enough is enough. And once you have plenty, a little more isn't nearly as important as it was. :D Gen 3 with the same engine specs as gen 2 will whip it off road. Works for me. On road? It will handle better. Works for me. Drag racing from stoplights? Who cares? It's a pigup. It will never be fast. It's like using a brick to drive a nail. Your brick might be slightly better at driving nails than the other guy's brick, but it's still a brick ... and when someone shows up with a hammer, you're left standing with your brick in your hand, looking silly. :)

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Would you guys think I'm weird if I said that I was OK with it? Enough is enough. And once you have plenty, a little more isn't nearly as important as it was. :D Gen 3 with the same engine specs as gen 2 will whip it off road. Works for me. On road? It will handle better. Works for me. Drag racing from stoplights? Who cares? It's a pigup. It will never be fast. It's like using a brick to drive a nail. Your brick might be slightly better at driving nails than the other guy's brick, but it's still a brick ... and when someone shows up with a hammer, you're left standing with your brick in your hand, looking silly. :)

Thats why you always bring a jackhammer! Where have you been? LOL.

I’m just sayin’ folk looking to upgrade and stay with the truck want reasons and more of them to upgrade. True only so much power is useable for the average Joe, but to show improvement does help to sell.

Someone who does not own a Gen 2, like me.

Yes for a brand new owner to be,
It might not be as big to show a few numbers of improvement from the last model. You will be overwhelmed with new truck as it is lol

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Gen 3 will be better than the Gen 2, but you were asking if the Raptor R will be limited?? It will be limited all right, limited to the amount of cash in your wallet and if FORD still decides to build it in another year or push's back til 2023 or never. It will be limited if it does come out because it will not be a regular GEN 3, it will be rarer and better than a SHelby, etc. It will be awesome!! Kids will be drooling in the streets when one drives by!! It won't look like a Gen 3, it will stand out like a ****** in front of a Gun Store!!