FAQ Will 37" Tires Fit on a Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan OKeeffe

Reaction score
How do raptor axles handle the 37's larger tire diameter and additional weight? Has anyone experienced axle failures?

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I've seen more axle failures with 35's than 37's. All of them have been 2010's or 2011's. Ford had issues with axles in the first two years so they upgraded them in 2012, IIRC. I want to say the newer trucks have 36 spline axles instead of the 34 spline axles on the earlier models. Don't quote me on that.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I've seen more axle failures with 35's than 37's. All of them have been 2010's or 2011's. Ford had issues with axles in the first two years so they upgraded them in 2012, IIRC. I want to say the newer trucks have 36 spline axles instead of the 34 spline axles on the earlier models. Don't quote me on that.

Probably because only a fraction of Raptors run 37's? And you can't do much more than roll over a speed bump with those poverty fenders either so risk of breaking an axle in the Aeropostale parking lot is low.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Probably because only a fraction of Raptors run 37's? And you can't do much more than roll over a speed bump with those poverty fenders either so risk of breaking an axle in the Aeropostale parking lot is low.

Hahahahaha! That's pretty funny.