Will 2018's have a V-8 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4DRHTRD

Reaction score
Winning over converts daily :p
The ecoboost truly is amazing when you drive it, I encourage you to go drive one even with the lower HP the TQ is amazing.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The 2017 tune will have more TQ and more HP than a SC Gen 1, definitely and easily. Already Gen 1 ecoboosts out there doing that now.
You also won't have to spend $20K on SC, bottom end rebuild and fueling to make it happen. :)
Remember TQ is king with these big tires and I would expect close to 600 on a tune, the current Ecoboost is out of fuel down low so they are limited by that to produce more TQ even on bigger turbos. This new PFI/DI is a godsend to all of us.
As far as going fast I prefer my CTS-V, current build in progress goal is 1300WHP and high 8's. :)

700+ horsepower on just a tune?

4DRHTRD

Reaction score
700+ horsepower on just a tune?
I'm going to assume 450HP stock (crank)
So around 400WHP + 50HP tune and +50HP E85 so 500WHP at a MINIMUM
I would also guess 500TQ + 75 tune and + 75 E85 so 650WTQ at a MINIMUM
The TQ is key, the truck already moves smartly in my '15 stock, the new Raptor stock will already be amazing stock as well with 100+ more TQ already.

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i like the idea that a tune can get you substantially more power but at what expense. i remember having an ecoboost in my 14 FX4 prior to getting my raptor. i had a 5* performance tune installed. she moved but also sounded like she needed to take a breather half the time. she was absolutely at the top end of her limits and just sound strained every time i hit the gas. i know the new one is entirely new, but i suspect tuners are going to be blowing up a few of their fair share.

i'm sure though that the gen 2 is pretty damn solid stock. looks are growing on me. i don't care what it sounds like personally, loud is getting old to me. i'm more concerned with performance and reliability.

4DRHTRD

Reaction score
I don't have that in my '15, it just keeps pulling and pulling and it's tune only.
Wife complains when it rains it spins too easily from the TQ even on 34.5" tires.