GEN 2 Why only a center console option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Raptor was designed to be an High Performance sport truck for off road and off road enthusiasts...I don't think they were concerned with catering to the Soccer Mom/Dad 6 family member crowd...
It's simple, why spend money for options that cater to only a small percentage of their targeted demographic...

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The Raptor was designed to be an High Performance sport truck for off road and off road enthusiasts...I don't think they were concerned with catering to the Soccer Mom/Dad 6 family member crowd...
It's simple, why spend money for options that cater to only a small percentage of their targeted demographic...

Can you even imagine 10 on the tree? ;-)

OP
OP
D

docster

Reaction score
Well got a quote from local place. They estimate 15-20k for the swap. Seemed super steep to me. Dealership won’t touch it. Sounds like they have lots of wires hiding in the console that the regular F150 does not.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah- that swap is not worth the money and effort. Just moving the shifter and all the crap that goes with it is a ton of work. Need a whole new column, and all that wiring- **** all that noise. I'd tell you 15 to 20K too if I was them, just to get you to leave. Be way ahead to get a 5.0L bench seat truck and put the money into the suspension and engine.

OP
OP
D

docster

Reaction score
Be way ahead to get a 5.0L bench seat truck and put the money into the suspension and engine.

This is a good thought. Even after a supercharger more than enough for a suspension better than the raptors I would think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk