Why is the throttle response so slow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seems like the motor takes forever to catch up to the pedal , more so when backing out of the gas. This is very apparent in neutral.

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are exactly right. Ford has these trucks tuned quite poorly from the dealers. I guess it is to keep everyone in under control an in check. Get a custom tune, it will make it much, much better. Funny thing, I recently got a Whipple supercharger and their tune was equally terrible. Throttle response was awful. Gotta go custom. Let the beast go!

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Throttle is inhibited until RPMs are high enough. I forget the numbers, but it's something like 40% throttle limit until greater than 3000 rpm. That's why I manually shift via "M" or by blocking upper gear until I want them.

Yes flipper is right. You could get tune to remove the throttle restriction. Forgot about that

Last edited:

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's the beauty of drive-by-wire. A tune will help significantly, but there is still a slight lag.