GEN 2 Who is still waiting for Vin# & Build Date?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

996Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered mine on 9/9/16, no build date no vin. I removed the carbon fiber package last week and added the accent package to see if that helps. My dealer has 2 allocations and mine was first, but the second allocation is being built next week and scheduled for a mid January arrival.

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ordered Scab 9/29
Forged yes
CF no
802a
Allocation 9 of 16
Unscheduled Clean
Zilch, zip, nada, nothing

lars464

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered 10/13
All options pretty much checked off.
SCAB body
Allocation 17 of 19
Only 1 has shown up so far.
Still waiting on VIN, or anything for that matter. I am not changing my order. I can wait.

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a call from my dealer. He said Ford had not updated their system in a week due to xmas shutdown, but when he checked today he saw my truck had been updated. Scheduled to build 1/13 and ETA to dealer 1/23 (I ordered Oct 1st). I am taking it with a grain of salt though, because he has stretched the truth before and I don't trust him (****** salesman vibe). Only reason I went to him is because my normal dealer only had 2 allocations and they were gone back in August (Southern IN if curious).

I sent FordService a PM to confirm what he said, I will update you guys when I find out.

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok still no reply from FordService, but I texted my salesman and asked for a VIN number or some kind of proof that the truck was indeed scheduled. He sent me a screenshot of my truck status in their database (see below). It has a VIN number and the dates match up with what he said yesterday, but the Body Code is showing W1E (supercrew) instead of X1R (supercab). I vaguely recall seeing this issue in the forum before, where the system later updated to the correct body code after a few days but I can't remember where I saw it at. Anyway, I am still pretty skeptical...but hopeful. I wish everyone the best of luck with their orders, I know this waiting game sucks.

Attachments

• 20170103_094644_1483458404972.jpg
    20170103_094644_1483458404972.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 89

Hal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Order date 10/12, not scheduled yet. No build date, no VIN.

I don't have CF but I did order beadlocks.

Lanabat

Reaction score
I ordered 8/12 and still no VIN or build date, still unscheduled clean according to Ford Service FB. Dealer has 5 allocations and only 1 got built so far (at least according to my salesman). Really getting tired of waiting and thinking of finding another ride for the next few years.