Whipple tune alternative

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supra

Reaction score
My tensioner looks like it was recently replaced but it wouldn’t hurt to change it so I know for sure. I have twin throttle bodies so I assume I also have the dual 68mm. What pulley and power are you on? Do people upgrade fuel systems and run e85 on these?

I’m only a few hours from Jersey, I would be willing to make the drive if they are nice to deal with and do nice work. I have a fun car so I’m just trying to get a nice safe tune, but it’s always fun to make more power.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Twin 68 mm TB is hard to control, Whipple and Livernois can deal with it, they have the normalizers dialed in.
JDM would want you to go down to the twin 65 mm TB.
I've heard mostly good things about JDM.

I am running the 3.250 pulley, 60 lbs. injectors Twin 68 mm TB
I'm also running full stock exhaust minus the resonator.
Only because the 2010 1/2 didn't come with a resonator.
Still putting down 561 HP to wheels.
Torgue would be a little higher with headers.

Go to Tasca Ford or Tasca parts website for the tensioner they usually have the best price.
But if your having hard hanging shifts even a new tensioner wouldn't help.

Last edited:

Anthony k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont totally agree with that. If you shop at a reputable shop and do your homework and also have a proven way to get the email tune into your truck... I think an emailed tune is well worth the money.
I do agree nothing beats a true dyno tune but not everyone is close enough to travel to the speed shop to have it done.

Customer service is key also for adjustments if your not happy with the performance.
Email tunes are “best guess” tunes.
oh, we’ve tuned xxxxxx amount of those we can get you a tune. Well. Every single Non-factory supercharged/turbocharged vehicle is different. Not one is the same.

yes, a email tune can get you down the road and you may never know the difference..... till you put it on a dyno and have it tuned.

there is NO counter argument to that statement. Sorry.
Any “tuner” that disagrees? Turn around and walk away.
I was luck enough to have a local place that dyno tuned mine. But after talking to shops around the country...... (I had no issues, driving or shipping my vehicle to get tuned) turned out the local one was the most honest, and literally refused to email tune my truck.

“No, you have to bring the truck in, we can schedule you a day”

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You have been saying this all over the forum.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with emailing Tunes.
These vendors of ours (Whipple, JDM, SVC, Livernois, 5 STAR) have hundreds and hundreds of files to compile a pretty decent Tune.
Then add their knowledge about how the Raptor works and your golden.

And I'll add this, between the vendors I've mentioned I would say they have Tuned over 20,000+ Raptors, both NA and SC
Maybe and I mean maybe 2% have been on a Dyno.

Throwing your truck on a Dyno may give you a bit more HP to the wheels.
A Tuner will feel more comfortable upping fuel/air ratio they can hear and see for themselves what's going on.

But that's all.
Driveability is key and that's not done on a Dyno, that's real time data logging.

Last edited: