Whipple throttle body / heat exchanger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KYmxracer52

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m looking into purchasing the JDM 700hp Whipple kit. Is the stock Whipple 60mm throttle body decent enough to use, or is it worth thr extra money to upgrade to the 65mm? I figure it’s only good for about another 40whp. If that particular kit can already accomplish 500+ whp without it, is it really needed on a stock engine?

What about the regular heat exchanger that comes with the kit? Anyone running it? Any issues? The hottest it usually gets where I live is mid 90’s. With that in mind, would it be worth the money to upgrade that to the dual fan model?

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did the 65mm with my Roush. Installer said it was a noticeable difference in responsiveness versus the stock Raptor one also with a Roush they had onsite. I couldn't tell you from first hand experience.

I've upgraded to the dual fan Affco. I can't say I can FEEL a difference, but it's a lot of peace of mind for future situations towing or running hard. Took forever for that sucker to come in after I ordered it.

Again, this is all with a Roush, not Whipple.

OP
OP
KYmxracer52

KYmxracer52

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention, I’ve decided to go Whipple over Roush. Reason being, I got to paying attention to how the Roush is laid out under the hood and realized I have accessories mounted where the coolant reservoir sits.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If your going to use the JDM Tune go with 65mm. I'm running the Whipple 68mm with the Whipple Tune.
Upgrade the heat exchanger now, buying an upgrade later is going to be more than double the price.
The new upgrade HE kit holds almost a gallon more of coolant.

OP
OP
KYmxracer52

KYmxracer52

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This install keeps getting more and more expensive! Lol. My wife is going to kill me. Trying to convince her to let me get headers at the same time.

OP
OP
KYmxracer52

KYmxracer52

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do any of you have any good pics of your HE? I currently have a single row 30” led light bar mounted behind my grille. I’m wondering if that will have to go with the HE? I haven’t been able to find any good pictures of them from a side profile to see how much clearance there is between the HE and grille.

Is the HE with dual fans the same physical size as the one without fans? Are they bigger than the one that comes standard with the kit?

Riddick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can get a pic for you tomorrow, but don't believe it's going to fit. My HE is right behind the hood release. As a matter of fact, had to do some slight trimming to the release to gain a little clearance because of rubbing.