Whipple throttle body / heat exchanger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
KYmxracer52

KYmxracer52

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can get a pic for you tomorrow, but don't believe it's going to fit. My HE is right behind the hood release. As a matter of fact, had to do some slight trimming to the release to gain a little clearance because of rubbing.

I was kinda afraid that may be the case. Oh well. My friend was right about this whole endeavor,.........he told me he has been there, done that. “All you’re doing is going down a deep rabbit hole.”

I’m starting to believe him now. Maybe next year I can get my wife on board with an aftermarket front bumper that can house a light bar.

Riddick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
78C24F7C-A55E-4B33-A1FE-31B277A5AAD7.jpeg
I was kinda afraid that may be the case. Oh well. My friend was right about this whole endeavor,.........he told me he has been there, done that. “All you’re doing is going down a deep rabbit hole.”

I’m starting to believe him now. Maybe next year I can get my wife on board with an aftermarket front bumper that can house a light bar.

Afco HE

OP
OP
KYmxracer52

KYmxracer52

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now more decisions. Whipple or Afco HE. The Afco does seem cheaper though. Do the fans run all the time? Are they noisier than the radiator’s electric fan?

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Now more decisions. Whipple or Afco HE. The Afco does seem cheaper though. Do the fans run all the time? Are they noisier than the radiator’s electric fan?
I have mine on a switch, but they're setup to run all the time. I like the switch so I can turn them off on demand. They're definitely louder. It sounds like your truck is always hot. You don't really hear them on the inside. I turn them off if I'm at a drive through or something like that.

Riddick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have mine on a switch, but they're setup to run all the time. I like the switch so I can turn them off on demand. They're definitely louder. It sounds like your truck is always hot. You don't really hear them on the inside. I turn them off if I'm at a drive through or something like that.

Did and do the exact same thing.