GEN 2 Whipple Stage 1 Kit Feedback Thread!

Feedback on Whipple Tune

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sharkus29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed my Stage 1 kit last night and I am blown away with how great this tune is. Hats off to you guys at Whipple, you've done a great job. The quality of these parts are next to none and the truck tune is unbelievable. Normal mode is woken up and Sport mode is a monster! Haven't had a chance to try out any more modes yet but I'm excited too!

jikjak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forscan worked fine for me post Tune...

did the coolant/trans temp update today

Engine temp & Transmission temp shows above gauges (8" Clusters only) IPC 720-07-01 xxxx xE5x xxxx ** use this if you have trailer brake controller and turbos **

did you use the regular forscan program or the modified one?

jikjak

Full Access Member
Reaction score

mad man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The best thing to do is try and blow up your truck I guess the Whipple tune isn’t enough. LOL

ray101381

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So just noticed today while highway cruising around 80 my coolant temps seems to be fluctuating between around 205. I saw as high as 212. What’s everyone else seeing? I’m whipple stage 1 with the latest update.

OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So just noticed today while highway cruising around 80 my coolant temps seems to be fluctuating between around 205. I saw as high as 212. What’s everyone else seeing? I’m whipple stage 1 with the latest update.

I get to 210 but that's about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The trucks are hot without a tune.

With a tune they are hotter.

You can bring those coolant numbers down about 10 degrees and stabilize the amount of fluctuating by adding Water Wetter to the radiator. 1 bottle.

Am I seriously saying that??? I did it on a whim months ago and it absolutely did the above.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The trucks are hot without a tune.

With a tune they are hotter.

You can bring those coolant numbers down about 10 degrees and stabilize the amount of fluctuating by adding Water Wetter to the radiator. 1 bottle.

Am I seriously saying that??? I did it on a whim months ago and it absolutely did the above.

I use the Diesel water wetter in my work truck and it works great. The girl at water wetter said it is used a lot in the Middle East since the temps get in the 130’s and works really well.

Last edited: