GEN 2 Whipple Stage 1 Kit Feedback Thread!

Feedback on Whipple Tune

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mad man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my opinion take it to the dealer you bought it from for all of the service requirements will be your best chance for them to work with you if there’s a problem. Other than that it’s a crapshoot .

802Avalanche

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all!

Did anyone else requesting the update not get a APP.LDR file? The past time I requested an update, they sent me one. Just checking before I try to tune!

Per Whipple Support:

“Don't need the app file anymore, the BIN file has that embedded in it so it will update to firmware 6049 (shown on top of screen) once you power up with new BIN file.”

Neens

Reaction score
Question for all you guys running the Whipple kits. Have you actually seen the 90 degree drop from stock that Whipple says you get with their Intercooler? I’m trying to settle on an aftermarket Intercooler and everyone else who makes a stock location replacement is saying their temps drop 40-60 at most. I don’t get how Whipple can drop the temperature so much. Even larger sized bar Intercoolers don’t come close.

OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Question for all you guys running the Whipple kits. Have you actually seen the 90 degree drop from stock that Whipple says you get with their Intercooler? I’m trying to settle on an aftermarket Intercooler and everyone else who makes a stock location replacement is saying their temps drop 40-60 at most. I don’t get how Whipple can drop the temperature so much. Even larger sized bar Intercoolers don’t come close.
from their website it says
  • Over 100deg F drop in temperature during torture testing steady state
you'd have to know what their torture test involves, but I've had S/C cars before and yes heat soak can be a huge influence after multiple runs - so I could definitely see that you could get a huge difference in temps once the truck has been hammered a while...