GEN 2 Whipple Stage 1 Kit Feedback Thread!

Feedback on Whipple Tune

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you read my post above, you'd have read that the closed airbox is the new emissions airbox version for 18/19 trucks, according to Whipple. Not sure why the constant hate on Whipple from you... For the price, it was the perfect option for me. I wasn't looking to push the limits, just a little extra power and more importantly a solid trans tune, which the Whipple delivers perfectly.

I agree not sure why hate on whipple. They have the most R&D on raptor. Worked directly with Ford on this kit. They use the same Dyno Tuner in FLA that ford them self uses.

Shelby and hennessy both use whipple kit. Only kit that is 50 state carb cert.

Are there more tunes that make more HP yes. I want something 100% reliable and not have to worry on CA crappy 91 oct will not have engine damage from a aggressive tune. We all free to choose what products we want on our own truck just be nice not to have negative comments.

All here to share and learn from each others. ok now back to our normal programming lol

tmanker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how you operate in the People's Republic of California, but outside that planet we are free to comment as we please. I don't have comments about the product because I haven't personally used it. Negative feedback is what drives great companies. Not receiving it is a detriment. I'm off to burn fossil fuels, shoot guns and thrive in a free market system.

Obscure

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree not sure why hate on whipple. They have the most R&D on raptor. Worked directly with Ford on this kit. They use the same Dyno Tuner in FLA that ford them self uses.

Shelby and hennessy both use whipple kit. Only kit that is 50 state carb cert.

Are there more tunes that make more HP yes. I want something 100% reliable and not have to worry on CA crappy 91 oct will not have engine damage from a aggressive tune. We all free to choose what products we want on our own truck just be nice not to have negative comments.

All here to share and learn from each others. ok now back to our normal programming lol

I know why Whipple didn't, but if their tune is 100% reliable (since they did work with Ford on it) I feel like it should be retaining the factory warranty. Since it doesn't, it's biggest strength of being developed with Ford is also it's downside because they try to keep you from going back to true stock (at least when I had it).

jcolombotos

Reaction score
yep truck is quicker and tows my 20' enclosed trailer with track car inside better with the extra power , can't really say I've noticed much difference in the transmission shifting , sport mode on the other hand, too agressive for my liking. had a 2011 raptor , new truck is nice but doesn't have the swagger of the old truck ....maybe im just getting old lol

only running 91 octane here in sf Bay Area so doubt Im making full power but yes its noticeable improvement.

oh one more thing, other tunes (may or may not) make more power but I do hear some pinging now and imagine even with other more aggressive tunes I would hear even more , guess what im saying, gas is the limiting factor not that I have a clue if a tune can make more power power and ping less
Jim

Last edited:

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my brother just bought a raptor from a forum member here and it has the whipple installed on it , but it feels alot less powerfull compared to MPT on e85, is it possible to get different tunes for the whipple? or is that all setup to work on the same tune? he was wondering if its possible to get different tunes on it for e85 mix and what not.

802Avalanche

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my brother just bought a raptor from a forum member here and it has the whipple installed on it , but it feels alot less powerfull compared to MPT on e85, is it possible to get different tunes for the whipple? or is that all setup to work on the same tune? he was wondering if its possible to get different tunes on it for e85 mix and what not.

Nope. It’s a canned tune that’s CARB compliant and designed to work with their components (upgraded intercooler and CAI kit) on an otherwise stock truck. Whipple won’t do any custom tuning... last I heard anyway. I did see one other performance shop on FRF claim that Whipple did some custom tuning for a customers other mods, but he wouldn’t give any details when I asked about it.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Whipple tune is designed for stock vehicles. It does not produce quite as much increase as an MPT tune. Some owner's with additional modifications (downpipes, exhausts, etc) have gotten slightly different tunes but that is not a guarantee and certainly not what is marketed or sold. The tune will adapt to varying octane but is designed for a minimum of 91 octane. It is not compatible with E85 which would require an upgraded tank fuel pump, fuel injectors, etc. Whipple comes out with updated tunes from time to time and your brother will just need to contact them. They will send him the file for free and he uses the Tomahawk to install. If he did not get the Tomahawk or the former owner bought the tune back when you had to send in your PCM, he will have to either send in his PCM to receive the update or purchase the flash tool for about $300. Having the latest tune is well worth the effort.

Last edited:

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my brother just bought a raptor from a forum member here and it has the whipple installed on it

and my previous answer assumes your brother's new purchase has the Whipple Stage 1 kit for 2017-2019 Raptors which is what this thread is about.