Whipple price increase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

may28th

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talked with whipple today and they raised there prices for the full 6.2 kit to $7199 for complete black kit and $7699 for polished it.... Not to happy about that. I would think with sales up they would lower the price if anything.

keatonskidmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Talked with whipple today and they raised there prices for the full 6.2 kit to $7199 for complete black kit and $7699 for polished it.... Not to happy about that. I would think with sales up they would lower the price if anything.

maybe they raised the price due to changes having to be made?? If not thats stupid

OP
OP
M

may28th

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also told me a tune for headers is a long ways away if ever. Recommend buying complete kit minus tune ($200) but you do not get any warranty due to not using there tune... Kinda sucks

---------- Post added at 07:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 AM ----------

maybe they raised the price due to changes having to be made?? If not thats stupid

They didntn mention any changes just said they decided to raise the price. I held out and waited for the whipple kit but am a little disappointed with how things are going.

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Whipple has not raised the price of the supercharger. What they have done is made the advertised price of $7,199 a kit price that includes injectors and tune for the truck. They did this to make it easier when purchasing rather than having to pick and choose each of these options.

We do the same thing here with the supercharger kits.

I am sure you can still purchase each individual component through whipple if you are wanting to try different injectors, or get a custom tune done at a dyno shop.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

may28th

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the upgraded core. That may be the difference because previously the complete kit was 68?? But don't think it included the "up graded core" but it included everything else, tune, injectors etc

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The upgraded core is a different internal component that is built into the supercharger assembly that is designed to lower air intake temperature by 20 degrees. It is a 400 dollar upgrade at the time of purchase but if you were to upgrade it later it's closer to 1400 dollars after parts and labor.

It is the second part from the bottom in this picture.

WHIPPLE%205.jpg

OP
OP
M

may28th

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the newer version of the kit which is starting in May will include this other core and I'm assuming that's the reason for the price increase to 7199 correct

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

The price increase does not include the upgraded core
The price increase is not due to anything changing it is just simply and increase. The upgraded core is an additional expense. Loook at lethal performance website there still selling the kit at the Orginal price of the kit. Please enlighten me because I don't understand what we're getting "extra" for the increase of 300 bucks

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Whipple has not raised the price of the supercharger. What they have done is made the advertised price of $7,199 a kit price that includes: the upgraded core, injectors and tune for the truck. They did this to make it easier when purchasing rather than having to pick and choose each of these options.

We do the same thing here with the supercharger kits.

I am sure you can still purchase each individual component through whipple if you are wanting to try different injectors, or get a custom tune done at a dyno shop.

You contridicted your comment of the core upgrade being include in the kit price of 7199 when you just posted that it is a 400 up grade from the 7199 price which is also what your website shows and making a grand total of 7599

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc