Where's the Dirt!?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This week I went to LA to have RPG install their Stage 3 rear suspension system. This is a frame support unit with Fox bump stop and National springs, I opt'd for the HD springs. Also had RPG tie rods installed and front shocks adjusted to middle perch setting. SORRY, NO PICS! I'm not competent with cameras, none came out.

Great experience. Love the ride. Cory & Nondi (? Hope I got your name right) did the work with all the care & attention to detail that I would have, but they did in just a few hours. I would have taken days! Cory was great, he thoroughly answered any and every question I asked. Jarrett provided plenty of excitement, color, commentary and kept me away from Cory for a while so he could finish installing. Looking forward to getting it in the dirt.

The ride is stiffer than stock, no longer soft and cushy Lincoln ride. It's not too stiff though. Feels a little like a truck now. Keep in mind I still have the stock Fox shocks. I feel that there is some roughness on the road, but that's a s far as it goes. Hit big bumps or holes (curb side lanes in LA), nothing! No moans, groans or complaints from either truck or wife. Obviously, I haven't tested the bump stop yet. Looking forward to that.

The front shock adj. improved the cornering a lot, no longer feel I need to slow way down to get on freeway entrance ramps due to the way the front would dip down.

I am very pleased with the quality of the products and customer service I received. I would very much recommend RPG and their products.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cool!

Have you put any weight in the back yet? As an experiment, load up the rear with 300 or 400 lbs of gear and then drive the same spots that felt a little stiffer. I'm betting that feeling will smooth out very nicely.

Gratz on the upgrade cups!

OP
OP
cups

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool!

Have you put any weight in the back yet? As an experiment, load up the rear with 300 or 400 lbs of gear and then drive the same spots that felt a little stiffer. I'm betting that feeling will smooth out very nicely.

Gratz on the upgrade cups!

No, I haven't yet. But that was part of my rationale for getting the HD springs. Will find out in a couple weeks when I go to Phoenix.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No, I haven't yet. But that was part of my rationale for getting the HD springs. Will find out in a couple weeks when I go to Phoenix.

Thanks again Rich, can't wait until we get a chance to go beat up on that the purdy truck of your's.

Jarrett

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

Why have I not heard about this before? Gonna have to make it up there for this one and bring some goodies.

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why have I not heard about this before? Gonna have to make it up there for this one and bring some goodies.

shit-just-got-real_o_297595.jpg