Where should this dangling cable go?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SDR581

Reaction score
Saw this loose dangling cable in my passenger side front wheel well. Looks like it should be secured by the christmas tree fastner... but where?

I checked the driver side and it's not the same setup of wires.

Attachments

• 20230501_171925.jpg
    20230501_171925.jpg
    298.5 KB · Views: 115
OP
OP
S

SDR581

Reaction score
To me, it looks like where I circled. Length and hole size looks correct. I have been wrong before tho.View attachment 405451
At least it's somewhere. There are some other holes on the frame nearby that might work. It looks precarious right now and I fear it might get ripped off with wind shear or debris.

I also plucked out yellow tape and a couple of red and blue caps that were probably dumped in the engine bay on the line.

Reaction score
This common query often arises when dealing with RG cables, known for their use in transmitting various signals like television, internet, and radio frequencies. Ensuring the proper routing and connection of an RG cable is crucial for optimal signal transmission. Whether setting up a home entertainment system or establishing network connections, securing the RG cable to its intended device or connector is essential. Properly routing the cable to its designated input/output ensures seamless communication and prevents signal loss, guaranteeing an uninterrupted and high-quality transmission experience.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Either have someone send you a picture showing where that Christmas tree goes, or visit a dealer who has a gen tre in stock to see for yourself.

Might as well get it right.

You can use a zip tie to the other cable or through frame holes for now.