Wheel Well Covers for 23 Raptor R?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bronze

Reaction score
Searched everywhere and can't seem to find any wheel well covers/inserts for the rear? Am i missing something? Couldn't find another thread discussing this as well. Thanks in advance!

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An easy DIY option....

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An easy DIY option....

I did that back on my gen 1 raptor. It 'works', but each year I had to scrape some off and re-touch it up.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did that back on my gen 1 raptor. It 'works', but each year I had to scrape some off and re-touch it up.
Probably depends on how much off-roading you do. I am all road + sand so it lasts me a long time. The 2020 has had it on for 4 1/2 years and it is not has pretty up close as when I did it, but all of it is there. I will probably give it a recoat before I sell it in September.

jad

Reaction score
I was irratated with my 23R as it had noticably more road noise (not exhaust noise road noise) than my 21/37", figured ford found another way to cheapen them up, finally after a couple weeks I remebered I had put husky wheel well liners on the 21. I didn't think the difference would be that noticiable but it was night and day every time I drove it and I kept my 21 so every once in a while I would still drive them both on the same day etc.....it went away with liners added to the 23

Hard R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was irratated with my 23R as it had noticably more road noise (not exhaust noise road noise) than my 21/37", figured ford found another way to cheapen them up, finally after a couple weeks I remebered I had put husky wheel well liners on the 21. I didn't think the difference would be that noticiable but it was night and day every time I drove it and I kept my 21 so every once in a while I would still drive them both on the same day etc.....it went away with liners added to the 23
Are you claiming wheel well covers also dampen the road noise?

jad

Reaction score
Are you claiming wheel well covers also dampen the road noise?
yes 100%, pretty good test since I have both trucks and noticed the differnce on every drive, then after added them to 23 don't notice difference