Wheel Spacers, are you with or against?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BramageDained

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spacers are a bad idea simply because of the physics involved... As you move out the spacer acts as a lever against the wheel bearings. The farther out you go the worse it gets. I know whats 1/4 inch among friends but it matters a great deal, more than you realize. Just think with a big enough lever, anyone can move the earth...

Negative offset wheels do the same thing.

Last edited:

JDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Negative offset wheels do the same thing.

That's kinda what i thought too...

Somewhere on here is a discussion about trucks with bent steering knuckles (Spindles). Everyone who had bent steering knuckles had aftermarket wheels........:hidesbehindsofa:

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My wheels are -34mm offset. Which means they are actually 1mm more negative offset than factory. Since I can't find any 17, 18 inch heels that I'm willing to drop RPG mod money on, I'm thinking this might be a way to get a meatier look on the cheapo. Towing my boat is my only concern at the moment.

Damnit, my finger slipped and just ordered some 1 and quarter inchers.

banman12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wheels are -34mm offset. Which means they are actually 1mm more negative offset than factory. Since I can't find any 17, 18 inch heels that I'm willing to drop RPG mod money on, I'm thinking this might be a way to get a meatier look on the cheapo. Towing my boat is my only concern at the moment.

-34 or +34???

JDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Let us know how they work out...

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

What wheels are these? I haven't been able to find any aftermarket wheels with the same backspacing as the stock ones?

JDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you looked up Motorsports Tech? Check out the BORA Series...

They will also build any thickness, size, bolt pattern, ect. spacer you want.