What size Deaver w/stock front

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geoteacher

Reaction score
Need some help/recommendations...I want to upgrade the rear leafs to reduce sag when towing our 4000lbs camper with gear, or when hauling around 500+ in the bed. I don't want want to drop below level with weight. Right now I have about 1.5 inch rake.

I haven't touched the front springs yet, and won't for a while. Thoughts on which Deaver option is best? I've heard anywhere from +3SD to +2HD, to +3HD.

Thanks for any recommendations!

OP
OP
G

Geoteacher

Reaction score
I saw a video from "Keep it Dirty" that laid out +3 and +2HD both raise the truck 1" over stock unloaded. If that is the case, what is the difference between the two? Would the +2HD give more support and less droop than the regular +3 with weight in the bed?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I saw a video from "Keep it Dirty" that laid out +3 and +2HD both raise the truck 1" over stock unloaded. If that is the case, what is the difference between the two? Would the +2HD give more support and less droop than the regular +3 with weight in the bed?
The number is the height - +2 is stock height. +3 is 1" taller. Either you misunderstood keep it dirty or he is wrong - the HD do not raise the truck (not supposed to anyway) they just are a bit beefier to prevent sag with weight while apparently being as compliant and the non HD spring. Call Deaver directly and talk to them.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
explaination of the +2, +3 nomenclature:

the stock raptor uses 2" blocks in the rear. Deavers eliminate this block. Unfortunately the block and the bump plate for the bump stop are one piece. This means that +2" deavers with no block are the same as stock with a +2" block. You will need either aftermarket bump stops, or a cheaper route is just to get an aftermarket bump plate. Either way, you need something so that the bump stop isn't smashing into the axle tube.

I run deaver +3s with a bump plate in the rear, and RPG +2.25" collars up front and love it. A little more height, level, and can haul a little more weight, not to mention basically zero axle wrap or wheel hop and the "ass to the right when it turns washboard" trick is nearly eliminated.

SamIAm

Reaction score
explaination of the +2, +3 nomenclature:

the stock raptor uses 2" blocks in the rear. Deavers eliminate this block. Unfortunately the block and the bump plate for the bump stop are one piece. This means that +2" deavers with no block are the same as stock with a +2" block. You will need either aftermarket bump stops, or a cheaper route is just to get an aftermarket bump plate. Either way, you need something so that the bump stop isn't smashing into the axle tube.

I run deaver +3s with a bump plate in the rear, and RPG +2.25" collars up front and love it. A little more height, level, and can haul a little more weight, not to mention basically zero axle wrap or wheel hop and the "ass to the right when it turns washboard" trick is nearly eliminated.
Are you running 37s? That’s the set up I’m going with, already have the rpg, but deaver is backed up 2 weeks

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you running 37s? That’s the set up I’m going with, already have the rpg, but deaver is backed up 2 weeks

35" Duratracs, but it isn't a pavement princess and I run Method wheels, so 37's would definitely rub.

OP
OP
G

Geoteacher

Reaction score
Two questions...

1. How much sag would one experience putting 500lbs in the SD vs. the HD? I know what it says on websites (i.e. https://www.rpgoffroad.com/product/rear-leaf-springs/), but I'm hoping for real-world examples. I don't have upgraded front springs yet, but want to increase some capacity in the back end without making the rake look crazy. I am currently sitting at about 1.5 inches of rake.
2. Is the ride of the HD unloaded super harsh, or just marginally stiffer than SD?

Thanks all!!