What rims and tires would y'all suggest for me?

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Wheels & Tires Forum [GEN 1]' started by Hurtin_Albertan, Jul 6, 2013.

Sponsored By: Texas Motorworx
  1. Hurtin_Albertan

Hurtin_Albertan Member

If you had read correctly I do not want rock stars and almost all next year ill be in Arizona. You should read more slowly eh ther bud

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Thanks man ill have to consider em at least. And ill be mostly in AZ for school so I won't really see snow so a general grabber might be a good idea thanks

BeansGT likes this.
  2. RajunCajun37

RajunCajun37 Banned

get the NEW rock star 2's
    [​IMG]

heavy as shit, ugly as ****

3. Hurtin_Albertan

Hurtin_Albertan Member

Meh, I think they were interesting when they first came out which is why I got em, but I wouldn't again (now every truck in Alberta seems to have em). Besides I like my vehicle to be different, which is why I'm kinda leaning away from Methods as lots of y'all have em

4. Hurtin_Albertan

Hurtin_Albertan Member

Those 2s look incredibly ugly though OMG lmao. I do think they look alright on my lowered satin black truck tho

Attached Files:

5. Hurtin_Albertan

Hurtin_Albertan Member

By the way just wondering if I was to get a set of Methods (or frankly any other off road brand) are bead locks worth it? I've heard a couple guys say they are a hassle as a daily driver as they loosen up a lot and sometimes lose bolts (would it be worth it though for the weekend off roading excursions). Is this the case or is this just what happens when you get a poorly built bead lock rim from a cheaper brand manufacturer?

6. Jordan@Apollo-Optics

[email protected] aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font>< Supporting Vendor

Not worth it unless you do A LOT of deep sand offroading. You have to constantly check the torque for each bolt on a beadlock to make sure you aren't losing air. Even then, most guys run in the 18-30psi range when they air down without beadlocks and very rarely have problems. Just realize when you air down you need to be more careful taking high speed turns.

7. HEAVYDUTY

HEAVYDUTY Member

Anyone got pics of what the Rockstar 2's would look like with the stock BF tires?

8. HORN HIGH ACES

HORN HIGH ACES Full Access Member